2017 Play Offs

BobBobSuperBob

The League Play Offs Commence tonight with League One Semis

Bradford v Fleetwood

Scunthorpe v Millwall

Personally I hope Fleetwood get promoted , well 'built' club and Wes is there

If not Bradford would be my choice

Predicting Play Offs are difficult but can see Millwall going up

Any preferences or predictions boys n girls ?

Wednesday night in the National League, Tranny won at Aldershot. The Nat league North and South held both their PO semis as well. No home team won, those four games were either draws or away wins.

Tonight FGR travel to D&R for their first leg. My heart would like to see FGR in the League as they are localish. My head however suggests Tranmere would do better if they got back in the League as they attract more home fans and would probably do better. I would not like to see a team struggle into the League and then drop out 12 months later.

Fulham
Bradford
Luton

Enjoyed watching Fulham this year. Bradford and Luton are two big clubs, would survive a division higher. If L2 lose Plymouth, Portsmouth and Luton in one that is three big clubs gone at that level

Looking forward to watching FGR tonight. I drive thru Nailsworth to and from work every day. If ever there was a town that wasn't built for league football, this is it. I worry about that place if FGR do go up. Although after catching bits of the Tranmere game last night they may not have to worry about it. Looked like a half decent team under Mellon. Looked out for their scores since he went there, done a great job. Another big club at that level as well. Remember our battles with Tranmere from when I first started going down the Gate. Big following when they were doing well, and I do love the 'Oh, Birkenhead is full of fun' song they used to sing!

Wednesday are the form team heading into the final day on Sunday. 6 wins on the trot, including against Newcastle and Derby means they are looking good.  

Then I'd love Millwall to come up so that we've got another London match.

In L2 I've a soft spot for Exeter due to University days.  Would love to see them do well and get back into L1.

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Millwall for me. No more bloody northern teams.

Seeing as we are losing Rotherham, Wigan & in all probability Blackburn, there won't be more Northern teams, will there?

Just now, GrahamC said:

Seeing as we are losing Rotherham, Wigan & in all probability Blackburn, there won't be more Northern teams, will there?

but we are getting Boro, Sunderland and maybe Hull as well as Bolton and Sheff U.

Can't see beyond Fulham, fancy Bradford in 3rd Division but clear favourites with the bookies so I have stuck Scunny in who have hit form again at just the right time in a cheeky little £20 double, Millwalls form has dropped terribly lately and they are very lucky to be even in the playoffs 

Dad and me got involved with Ebbsfleet United a few years back through the 'my football club' scheme, which also included us voting for Akinde to sign for us years back! The voting and annual subscription finished shortly after, and the club was bought by a Kuwati owner. However, we're still very fond of the club.

Maidenhead won the Conference South on 98 points, and Ebbsfleet finished 2nd on 96 so unfortunately have to do it via the play offs, so I've got my eyes on those play offs! They won their first leg 2-1 away against Hampton & Richmond yesterday!

In the champ, I'll predict Fulham. Sheff derby next year will be exciting, Reading is close and they're on form so I think they will anyway.

League 1, I'd like to see Fleetwood and Wes promoted, or Bradford as I haven't been there yet! Have a feeling Millwall might do it though.

League 2 I'll go Luton too!

Fleetwood from league 1 since it's a nice success story and they have Wes (and we know from this season we can beat them at their place...)

Fulham from the Championship because they're good fun to watch, so lots of televised matches for them next season would be cool.

5 hours ago, GILLI said:

You mean Rovers didn't get into the Playoffs ??

You should read the local papers more, of course the biggest Rovers club in the West got in the play offs...............Forest Green!!

Hope Fleetwood make it, anyone but Millwall. Hope Venky Rovers go down from the Championship too, awful journey and won't bring many to AG!

Some questions

a) Why did the League One season finish so early?

b) Why is there only 3 days between the last game of the season and the first leg Then another 2 days between the first and second leg. But then a 2 week break until the final.

Seems bizarre.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Some questions

a) Why did the League One season finish so early?

b) Why is there only 3 days between the last game of the season and the first leg Then another 2 days between the first and second leg. But then a 2 week break until the final.

Seems bizarre.

A)   SKY 

B).  SKY

A) is because the FA Cup Final is on Bank Holiday weekend this year, so one of the playoff finals would either have to move date or move venue. So the L1 Final is the weekend before on the Saturday, with the Bank Holiday weekend seeing the FA Cup Final on the Saturday, L2 Final on the Sunday, and the Championship Final on the Monday. 

Archived