IGNORED

2017 Play Offs

BobBobSuperBob

22 hours ago, shelts said:

Like to see Millwall promoted as it's a rather pleasant afternoon out at their place 

If they come up Might be able to get our windows back from our transit :tomato:

17 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Anyone see the pitch invasion at the Millwall game a hundred or so scummy fans giving shit to the Scunthorpe players. What a shitty club.

How do they get away with it , year after year. Forever coming on the pitch confronting teams or fans, used to always come over the the away end and be allowed to throw coins. Now admittedly I got enough for a pint one year, but it ain't right :nono:

17 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Strange isn't it ? The pinnacle of the season and Bradford get their lowest crowd of the season.....you tell me !

And we have our highest gate for a meaningless end of season fixture, go figure !

10 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Millwall going up, Swansea going down would be great. Fulham to stay down as my ex-boss is Fulham and a thoroughly horrible bloke. Would like to see Wednesday go up for no other reason than to see how much they'll jack up their prices. 

Hey ditto!

Millwall are ***** though. Don't want them going anywhere.

16 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Would rather the wall I think although never been to the Den. Not sure If I would want to....

Done old and new Den, on supporters coaches fine.although almost every time I've Gone to the New Den they've come on the pitch and been allowed to throw coins. Police have been heard to say 'your fault for coming'.

Also had a journey back with no windows in our van, that said I don't like Bradford either.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hey ditto!

Millwall are ***** though. Don't want them going anywhere.

to beat them twice in the space of the week was sweet earlier this season - for one to be a last minute winner, and the other to be a hammering was just too good to be true! 

Well done Halifax! They frequently finished in the bottom four before automatic relegation to the Conference, but were voted back in by their numerous neighbours. Then one year they did drop out, came back a few years later, but then dropped down again. They became bankrupt and the fans restarted the club. Today they won the National League North play off and are backup to the National League.

I've no particular affinity for Halifax FC and the town itself is a depressing dump. However the fans stuck with their club and revived it when it died, so I'm please for them that Halifax FC is on it's way back up.

On 5/5/2017 at 07:15, LondonBristolian said:

I'm so sorry to hear you have not managed to find any pubs on your previous trip (or trips?) to Bradford. Beerintheevening.com lists Bradford as having 163 pubs. 

Not interested in getting involved in the controversy of this thread but I do have a keen interest in pubs and 163 for a population the size of Bradford ( 528,000) is actually very small.

The first thing I see on Beer in the Evening, Bristol, for comparison, is we have 486 listed - seems high to me, but there we are - despite all the closures of the last decade or so, serving a smaller population.

So, leaving out the contentious mosques bit, it's fair to say that pubs are comparatively very thin on the ground up there.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not interested in getting involved in the controversy of this thread but I do have a keen interest in pubs and 163 for a population the size of Bradford ( 528,000) is actually very small.

The first thing I see on Beer in the Evening, Bristol, for comparison, is we have 486 listed - seems high to me, but there we are - despite all the closures of the last decade or so, serving a smaller population.

So, leaving out the contentious mosques bit, it's fair to say that pubs are comparatively very thin on the ground up there.

And how many churches in Bristol ? 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've found that one pub is usually ample for my requirements, back in student days maybe 10 or 12 but I think 163 is pushing it a bit, even for an away day.  I'd definitely stick to half's.  

On 05/05/2017 at 07:15, LondonBristolian said:

...........To be honest, maybe it's just me but, when I go to an away game, I tend to get there a couple of hours before, get some lunch, have a drink and go to the game. And get a train back fairly quickly after the final whistle. Bradford is a long trip and, unless you were staying overnight - and I can think of much better away trips to do that - I'm not sure how someone would squeeze in going to worship somewhere as well!

I made the schoolboy error of having an overnighter with my Mrs after the Rochdale away game.  Sheeeeeeesh....... that town was just wrong on so many counts for a night out.   Ey oop!

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

0-0 HT Hudds v Wednesday. No shots on target yet although Hudds hit the bar. Typical neither team wants to lose playoff first leg game TBH.

It's interesting; I wonder what that stats are for first leg winning teams progressing? 

Watching the League One games, felt that Bradford and Millwall had totally different approaches, with the former making sure they took a win into the Fleetwood game, and then being in total control second leg, while Millwall had to play out of their skins second leg after clearly settling for a draw in their home game before going behind at Scunthorpe.

Personally; the lack of away goals would have me going all out first leg to get a lead, regardless of being home and away - a lot harder to claw back from being behind come 2nd half of the 2nd led than with a full 90 mins in front of you.

Archived