IGNORED

Superstitions

cummins17

Now we are safe, does anyone else wanna confess any superstitions before or during the game? 

I'm currently based In Sydney, so have been staying up until Midnight onwards to watch games. 

On the Wolves game I decided to use my Girlfriends laptop to watch Soccer Saturday (as my battery died), from then on I have refused to go back to my laptop due to superstitions. Hasn't done us to bad I suppose! 

6 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

Now we are safe, does anyone else wanna confess any superstitions before or during the game? 

I'm currently based In Sydney, so have been staying up until Midnight onwards to watch games. 

On the Wolves game I decided to use my Girlfriends laptop to watch Soccer Saturday (as my battery died), from then on I have refused to go back to my laptop due to superstitions. Hasn't done us to bad I suppose! 

Always have one gonad hanging out of Your boxer shorts ,,, then watch the game or buy a lottery ticket

I try not to 'shave' until the game has finished. By 'shave' I mean tidy up around the bits that I never shave. Face I'm talking about here, dirty bastards

I have a new one since the Barnsley game though, but may be difficult to replicate. I was on my way back from the tip and we were 1-2 down, and drove past my Swindon supporting mate (who were getting relegated at the time). By the time I got home we were 3-2 up and things were looking rosey. I've asked my mate if we can replicate again in the future. He told me to 'go **** yourself'. Maybe it was still all a bit raw when I asked, I'm sure once he's calmed down he'll happily comply

I haven't mentioned it before because I'm far too modest, but I am actually responsible for our recent upturn in home form.

Basically, I used to keep standing until the kick off was taken before taking my seat. At the Huddersfield game, I waited until a second player had touched the ball and have done so ever since.

Since then we've won every home game with an aggregate score of 12-4. 

You're welcome :yes:

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Very weird two for me - I won't start clapping before the game until all the players come out the tunnel (i.e. Won't clap as soon as the music comes on). Also won't sit down until the coin toss is decided. 

That's strange I always  miss the coin toss because some barstard is stood up in front of me .

:whistle2:

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I go through the same turnstile until we lose a game, then I switch to another one and keep switching until we win again. Been going through the same turnstile for quite a few games now, and will be the same one tomorrow as well. 

Likewise, until i have a few ciders and forget which one it was the week before!

I rarely listen to the radio commentary when City are away because pretty much every time I've done so in the past we've lost. I tested this jinx this season when I switched on the radio in the car to see how City were getting on at Griffin Park, but Brentford scored straight away. Rest assured I won't be doing that again. For the 6-0 win at Bradford in the promotion season I only felt safe to put the radio on when we were 3 or 4 nil up.

There was one season in the mid-80s when we struggled for the first couple of games until one where my dad didn't buy a programme - hey presto we won, so we didn't get a programme again for a while.

I won't listen to the commentary in full anymore.

I won't do it with a beer in hand either (had a beer whilst listening to a snippet of the Blackburn game - they scored - beer was necked and then no more)

I always bet on City to lose (tin hat on)

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I go through the same turnstile until we lose a game, then I switch to another one and keep switching until we win again. Been going through the same turnstile for quite a few games now, and will be the same one tomorrow as well. 

What vomitory is your favourite so far?

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

Very weird two for me - I won't start clapping before the game until all the players come out the tunnel (i.e. Won't clap as soon as the music comes on). Also won't sit down until the coin toss is decided. 

So are you saying you wont sit until you see a tosser?

2 pieces of chewing gum as the players take kick off. 

Must be from a new, unopened packet! 

I can't remember us ever winning a game when I've forgotten to buy the chewing gum! 

Also, when the hot dog seller asks "onions mate..?" It has to be the reply "just a few" 

Archived