IGNORED

Lee Johnson - The Big interview

Shtanley

Fairly interesting, usual stuff. But what grabbed my attention was LJ hinting that he had a chance to go to another club but he stayed here and signed a new contract. He said it around the 10 minute mark.

I appreciate that the contract extension seemed excessive at the time but perhaps if it was in order to keep him at the club then it makes more sense. 

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

I'm really trying to like the guy more after the good end of the season, but his interviews just really grate on me now. A lot of talking without really saying very much.  

And literally repeating himself in every interview...

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

I'm really trying to like the guy more after the good end of the season, but his interviews just really grate on me now. A lot of talking without really saying very much.  

24 minutes ago, JakeOTIB said:

And literally repeating himself in every interview...

Its the same with players though as well. Joined a big club, three points more important. 

There are very few managers I enjoy listening to but big mick is my favourite. Modest bloke and doesn't try and over complicate everything.

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its the same with players though as well. Joined a big club, three points more important. 

Theres very few managers I enjoy listening to but big mick is my favourite. Modest bloke and doesn't try and over complicate anything.

I always liked listening to Chris Hughton. 

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

How do you think he got the job?

Well, apart from being a friend of our owner, obviously..

12 hours ago, petehinton said:

but his interviews just really grate on me now. A lot of talking without really saying very much.  

I remember making that very point about his father and got slagged off for it.........:disapointed2se:

I'm sure he's told to tick a box and do the interview.

Not watched it, but am confident I won't gain much by doing so.

Just a two minute chat would be more 'watchable'.

Wasn't it Villa who were supposedly interested in him earlier this season?

14 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Fairly interesting, usual stuff. But what grabbed my attention was LJ hinting that he had a chance to go to another club but he stayed here and signed a new contract. He said it around the 10 minute mark.

I appreciate that the contract extension seemed excessive at the time but perhaps if it was in order to keep him at the club then it makes more sense. 

Villa wanted him

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

What do people want him to say?

What it is that he has "learned" would be a start. What have you learned, Lee?

Then, what the "unbelievable things" were that went on during the "horrific run" or "patch" after losing to Brighton.

I know, it's ridiculous to think that they might even consider telling us anything of the sort.

11 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

There are very few managers I enjoy listening to but big mick is my favourite. Modest bloke and doesn't try and over complicate everything.

What, "Depressed of Ipswich"?

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

All managers say the bare minimum in interviews. I don't expect Johnson to be any different. If anything he probably gives more away in interviews than most managers. I found many interviews earlier in the season to be very insightful. 

Yes, all managers say the bare minimum about what goes wrong. "No manager would" say anymore. But why? 

And all football clubs and their Chief Execs the same. Why though; what are they afraid of?

17 hours ago, Shtanley said:

It's a shame, BIG shame that he didn't go.

Find it weird how one minute he's criticised for saying too much in interviews, then he gives a generic bland interview and gets criticised for saying nothing interesting!!

Nothing really that interesting, wouldn't expect anything revolutionary. Let's hope he has learned those lessons, whatever they may be, and we can be more consistent next season.

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

No, BS Online only I think 

then I'm surprised people are hammering Johnson in the first place - do they expect him to be landing bombshells or causing waves on an official channel? Do they expect the interviewer to even be prompting him to do so? It is what it is. 

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yeah , ok then 

Not Arsenal or Man City (Again) ?

I don't normally post stuff without having a direct source but actually I'm sure it was Arsenal, but as Manger/coach of one of their youth teams. Can't find anything jow but I'm sure I remember reading that.

Wouldn't it bother people more if he said something decent each interview and contradicted himself. The club and LJ have said the same things since he's been here and shows they're on the same page. It's a good sign for the future

Archived