IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread

Great post as per Havana. One of the things I will miss most in the post-season will be your match day threads, so I would like to say a big thanks for all the effort you have put in over the last 9 months.

Anyway, back to today. I genuinely hope that we get a good result,  not so it sends Brum down as I couldn't care less about that, but so we can take a bit of optimism into next season after what has been a pretty difficult one this time around. Wouldn't it be great if the majority of us fans were united instead of divided and we all had something to look forward to and enjoy for a whole 9 months instead of thinking of the next game with trepidation?

As Havana pointed out, I think young Mr Abraham deserves one of the best send-offs we can possibly give him today as he's consistently been one of the few shining lights in an otherwise depressing season. He has shown a great attitude and humility since arriving in August and I think we all wish him the absolute best for the rest of his career. He arrived as a kid but left as a man.

BCFC (south west) 2- BCFC (midlands) 0

• Like 7

Nice one Havana ...  you and your reports have become a big part of match days ... enjoy your summer season break ..  recharge those virtual pen batteries after this roller coaster of a BCFC year and come back fighting fit in August ready to do it all again! 

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1

A dead rubber today, I'd change ten of the first team and keep them fresh for next season...

An important day for Brum I really don't care if they stay up or go down as all the teams below us are basket cases.

I am happy that we are safe and that we can rebuild for a new season in the Championship.

There have been many recriminations towards the club least of all by me but I am willing to forgive and move on .

Well done to the whole team at City for getting us safe.

I echo the sentiments for Havanatopia,Thank you . :clap:

And to you my fellow Reds , a massive :clap:for Your support that dragged the team over the line . You have been magnificent.

Enjoy your day today .

CTID

Bum Oil going cheap ! 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 5

Mixed feelings today, bringing my mate and he's being his youngun for the first time so going to be a good day out, but after almost 20yrs giving up the ST for money/family reasons. I think it'll be a good day though, can see atmosphere being decent and think we'll win 2-0. I'd love for a Tammy hatrick but maybe that's asking for too much!

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And good luck to everyone embarking on an epic voyage across the city on this most chaotic of days!

Special mention to the train companies for recognising the difficulties and laying on a total of zero trains to the only accessible station. A big thank you on behalf of 26,000 people.

Perhaps the new Regional Mayor can have a word with the Mayor who can then have a word with the Lord Mayor about traffic in the City :shutup:

• Like 3

Another good read, so thanks as ever for kicking off the match day thread havanatopia. I'd echo the point about our kit and plea to the powers that be to ditch those red shorts and return to our traditional red/white/red.

As for today's game, hopefully we'll see a good performance and a win so the extra fans will want to come back regularly. COYR

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And good luck to everyone embarking on an epic voyage across the city on this most chaotic of days!

Special mention to the train companies for recognising the difficulties and laying on a total of zero trains to the only accessible station. A big thank you on behalf of 26,000 people.

It's going to be farcical isn't it. The train companies have been suitably accommodating and you have to give the city council credit for getting 13,000 runners on the road at same time as our biggest crowd in 40 years. 

Anyway on to the game. 3-1 City, Tammy with a brace. 

• Like 1

Great read as always, and as has been said the lack of @havanatopia match day threads will leave a hole during the summer.

I've said it before (and whether deliberate or a lucky moment) the season almost hinged on SL's statement that LJ will be manager until HE says otherwise! Pretty much from then on in , decenting voices and demos were quietened and the team re-energised. We ended up getting the results (even bettering) that many had expected which just about saved our year.

For those point scorers who gloated at the lack of demos trust me , the supporters of this club have the capacity for demos and in during my years of support I've seen read and heard of them.

Personally , as my first 'kit' was about 66ish , I like the all Red. I can remember being chuffed to bits with my Birthday present, plain red shirt/shorts/socks, no fancy badge or numbers or bloody sponsor ! That said I do like the away kit and a similar home with white shorts and socks would be good.

Not sure who I'd like to get relegated, said for a time that Blackburn will but would be funny if Forest or Brum did..... not for them obviously.
Anyway , would be nice to see Tammy end up top scorer but against a side fighting for their life it will be difficult. I'd like to see Taylor score and for McCoulsky get a decent run out, not much then eh?

I'll go City to win 3-1 .... Tammy  2 McCoulsky to get a late one.

COYR,OTIB,FTG. and a massive thanks and well done to @havanatopia :clap:

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2

Good work @havanatopia - I think I speak on behalf of many when I say that your match day threads are second to none. I look forward to you continuing next season. 

On to today, for me, it's not so much about a city win as it is about supportimg Blackburn to pick up more points than Forest. 

I can't tell you all how much I'd like that; a whole year of brother in law taunting!

Come on Rovers! (Blackburn obviously!)

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

Just found out the 0835 and the 1018 from Taunton are making extra stops at parson Street station,

I wish great Weston had let this info out before today as I could have got up a hour later

This info was mentioned in one of the threads a while ago ...no trains the other way though :facepalm: