IGNORED

Stevie Cotterill, there's only one

AppyDAZE

Will always be thankful for a fantastic 18 months but make no mistake his tactics was taking us down, more than happy to appreciate e him today though and more than happy he got the appreciation he deserves, for me he is up there with Dicks and Cooper

Just now, harrys said:

Will always be thankful for a fantastic 18 months but make no mistake his tactics was taking us down, more than happy to appreciate e him today though and more than happy he got the appreciation he deserves, for me he is up there with Dicks and Cooper

His tactics were. I wanted him gone for that very reason. 

Albeit, he was royally ****** in the transfer windows imo. 

3 hours ago, city1983 said:

Just echo other comments really. Cotterill will always be a legend in my eyes for what he achieved at the gate, and should still be our manager now, he wasn't backed financially in the championship and his sacking was a disgrace. 

Top comments.

SL should hang his head in shame at how SC was treated. If he had LJ's backing **** knows where we would be.

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

His tactics were. I wanted him gone for that very reason. 

Albeit, he was royally ****** in the transfer windows imo. 

IMO asnd this is only guessing I suppose. Lansdown was happy for what Cotterill did for the club but already had ideas about dumping him.. whatever the results. And his dogmatic approach this season, seems to suggest that I am right

56 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Was romantic, passionate and emotional. Current crop is like supporting your pension fund. 

What's niggled me is SLsbeaming grin and obvious delight at a full house , understandable and why not but I'd be a bit more concerned at what happens on the green bit in the middle

Perhaps I'm  being unfair after we missed the chance to put on some form of display for a full house

Personally I couldn't give a **** about SC now.  He won L1 with the best players in the league and the highest wage bill, anything less would have been a massive under achvivment however much I enjoyed that season.  His petulance last season nearly cost us our championship survival, thank god LJ saved us.  Onwards and upwards under a bright, intelligent, modern coach. 

Must admit I was a little worried about Cotts return, had a feeling he might have been strutting the technical area, looking for verbals with LJ (Warnock style) and "look at me" celebrating with the Brummies but no, fair play absolutely none of that.  I applauded as he passed in front of the Dolman on his walk (on reflection not as much as I should have) but looking at his face, constant clapping us, thumbs up etc I just thought how respectful he was today - changed my mind.

The Cotts v LJ thing has been done to death, it's gone but Cotts did so much for us in the promotion season and was right targeting Gray & Gayle to a degree to move this club forward, just too soon for us to be splashing that sort of cash.  If only he could have been more flexible, accept advice (the 442 thing being the classic example) pursue more likely transfer targets etc could have all been so so different.

Well done SC.

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

He was more interested in seeing our fans than celebrating with his current lot.

Says it all, what a BC hero

Thought he was going to come over and have another pop at our fans like he did in his last game in charge for us.

I thank SC from the bottom of my heart for that memorable season. I will never forget that season. Just think the Championship is a little bit beyond him bit he did help lay the foundations for our current Championship status. He took us as far as he could imo. Time for LJ to now really take over the reigns and take us to the next level and become a BCFC hero himself.

4 hours ago, Bullbag said:

No.

Johnson will never have my support.

Only got the job because he's daddies boy and is Lansdown's love bandit.

Until he's gone the passion just isn't there.

Johnson out.

What a flannel, replace the 'u' with an 'a' and your name will fit bang on 

1 hour ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Personally I couldn't give a **** about SC now.  He won L1 with the best players in the league and the highest wage bill, anything less would have been a massive under achvivment however much I enjoyed that season.  His petulance last season nearly cost us our championship survival, thank god LJ saved us.  Onwards and upwards under a bright, intelligent, modern coach. 

**** off Lee, you're not welcome in this thread.

I thought it disgusting that neither Lee Johnson or Steve lansdown welcomed him back in the programme.

everyone knows lansdown and cotts fell out, he was given no support and the outcome inevitable. 

Cotts had a huge input yesterday and every city player lined up to shake his hand and a few did as they went to warm up. 

I hope he gets the job. 

11 hours ago, shelts said:

Not a lover of Cotts ,but fair play a lot of love shown today and the video and pics proving  it . Don't think LJ will ever get that love and as posted previous I'd give it till October before the chants start for him to go . 

By heck your a miserable sod.

Delighted to see that video - Cotts deserved a decent goodbye after all he did for us (we'd not be here without him).  Will always go forward with my best wishes.

And for those saying they don't care - a great shame.  He won us two trophies, including our first league in 60 years; if you're so jaded that means nothing in your eyes, I pity you. 

I can't believe people would still have him as our manager in this division, did excellently in league 1 both to save us then to win the double but was an absolute car crash at this level. A couple of his signings have been outstanding for us in this division namely Smith and Wilbraham. But his refusal to adapt and the fact he wouldn't use all the sub spots simply to make a statement which was arguably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. 

SL was never going to spend big money on single players in that window and SC couldn't cope with that, I can assure you he wasn't the one who went and found Kodjia I'm not even sure he rated him. We were maybe not going down under him but the sacking was fully justified. A lovely gesture to clap him yesterday but if you're closing your eyes and dreaming of him in charge then you've got issues. 

He was toxic come the end of his tenure and I for one don't miss him. Say what you want about SL but there was no hope of creating any long term sustainable plan with SC in charge. 

15 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I got a video. I wonder if it'll post. 

Interesting to see what would have happened if we had won or equalised! We all know Cotts hates losing. However it was a great moment and he fully deserved it. 

18 hours ago, poland_exile said:

brilliant seeing that and chuffed to bits for him! 

He gave us one of the best seasons in my 60 years as a fan. That third goal against the Swine is one of the great moments of my life - how sad is that?

Very moving. Horace has tears in his little black eyes :) 

PS I luved itt too <°₩₩.

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I can't believe people would still have him as our manager in this division, did excellently in league 1 both to save us then to win the double but was an absolute car crash at this level. A couple of his signings have been outstanding for us in this division namely Smith and Wilbraham. But his refusal to adapt and the fact he wouldn't use all the sub spots simply to make a statement which was arguably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. 

SL was never going to spend big money on single players in that window and SC couldn't cope with that, I can assure you he wasn't the one who went and found Kodjia I'm not even sure he rated him. We were maybe not going down under him but the sacking was fully justified. A lovely gesture to clap him yesterday but if you're closing your eyes and dreaming of him in charge then you've got issues. 

He was toxic come the end of his tenure and I for one don't miss him. Say what you want about SL but there was no hope of creating any long term sustainable plan with SC in charge. 

You have to wonder why he was so 'toxic'…?

I certainly don't have issues but I definitely rate him as a coach, a lot higher than LJ!

Archived