IGNORED

Lansdown Upper

xerox6060

Good view, still close enough to be able to see exactly what's going on. Atmosphere was a bit library-like, it was a nothing game really but it may always be like that as most people there will probably be infrequent visitors and there were a large number of families. I didn't buy anything from inside but used the toilet at half time and didn't really have to queue. 

Fantastic view. If I was up there for a season I might learn something about team formations as you can see the bigger picture. However in terms of atmosphere a bit of a damp squib. Seeing as atmosphere is a key element for me think I'll give it a miss in future.

I expected to feel like I was too far away but actually I'd say it's probably the best view of a game I've ever had a Ashton Gate - but then I was only five rows from the front. The atmosphere from the rest of the ground travelled better than I expected but there was little being generated in the top tier itself - it was largely non-regulars, families and I suspect quite a few undercover Brummies.

At the end of the game I walked to the very back of the stand to see what it was like up there. It felt a lot further away and the sense of "detachment" others have mentioned was much greater.

These two pics are my view in W6 row 5, and the view from the very back.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Was in W6 about two thirds way up. Thought it was brilliant. Great view - far better than anticipated, some atmosphere which would have been tested better had we scored or at least put in a performance. Think it had potential to 'bounce' though.

So much for social media hype about Brummie buying up blocks of tickets in the Upper. Didn't see or hear one.

Seems the corporate area was the only place, outside the away end, that had a couple of Brummies. Clearly, they didn't listen to the pre-match briefing about celebrating a goal. Pity that some woman and kid had to rush away from the area after the inevitable response from ours. Maybe corporate-away ought to be moved to the Atyeo next season.

Honestly felt strange watching City with such a fantastic view! Really does show how far the club has come.   

Quickly realised why it wouldn't be possible to have away fans in upper tier as has been suggested before. The access to upper tier is not through separate turnstiles as I was expecting; you just go in to lower tier concourse and then find the stairs (speaking of which; I thought they would never end  :fastasleep:)

I was up there against Brum for the first time and as others have said the view is terrific. The screen opposite is another plus to the upper teir as your looking down on it. The formations are easy to see and how much space players have was a bit surprising.

I'd swapped my usual SC seat in the Dolman for the upper teir and will almost certainly do the same thing next season upto the max of three times. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I was up there against Brum for the first time and as others have said the view is terrific. The screen opposite is another plus to the upper teir as your looking down on it. The formations are easy to see and how much space players have was a bit surprising.

I'd swapped my usual SC seat in the Dolman for the upper teir and will almost certainly do the same thing next season upto the max of three times. 

only cause you missed us moaning

3 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

only cause you missed us moaning

That wasn't  the reason Rob!

I wanted to see what AG looked like from up there. It's very impressive but I forfeited the atmosphere around my usual seat for the view - and I did miss all the moaning.........

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good thing we'll still be in the SBC next season as I wouldn't have thought L1 would give much opportunity for using your SC in the Lansdown Upper.

3 hours ago, readie14 said:

Expected to be miles away up in the upper, but really surprised how good the view was.

Being so high up it does make the Atyeo look really poor though.

yes it's only from other stands you appreciate how small the atyeo now looks, when I sat in it I thought it was a reasonable size. I really hope we can somehow do something with it looks like the runt of the litter compared to the other stands.

Archived