IGNORED

Duric

Crackers Corner

3 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

For me has to get a look in next season. Was a real threat in the air today and great hold up play.

Just doesn't look a goal threat for me but hard to judge when you have zero decent service

Agree that his hold up play was good and he at least gave them something to worry about

Taylor & Duric would see us relegated next season IMHO

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

How long was he on the pitch?

What was the service like?

Half hour and non existent.

To be fair to people, it's boring. He wins almost everything but to what end? No one seems able to read where he's knocking it down to. He'll lay some off and does hold it up well but it asks for long ball. He's good at what he does but is that what the club needs? Hopefully he's an impact sub and spot starter going forward. If we pumped crosses into the box then he may score more but we don't exactly play to his strengths. When he does lay it off to someone else we try to walk through the defense instead of getting it wide. Then our width is our full backs who can't cross. 

Just now, JBFC II said:

the best target man I've ever seen tbf, didn't lose a single header today and with better service from out wide would cause a load of problems in the area

In fairness - we don't know what a goal threat he is or isn't (Due to lack of service)

A target man outside the box is one thing (And he's certainly decent there) , a goal threat / goal scorer is another

We don't get decent crosses in , and are still too narrow IMHO and until we do we won't really know with Duric

Watch his movement in and around the box - not sure he's a goal getter 

Good to play off though and would suit a nippy pacy out and out goalscorer as a partner

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

In fairness - we don't know what a goal threat he is or isn't (Due to lack of service)

A target man outside the box is one thing (And he's certainly decent there) , a goal threat / goal scorer is another

We don't get decent crosses in , and are still too narrow IMHO and until we do we won't really know with Duric

Watch his movement in and around the box - not sure he's a goal getter 

Good to play off though and would suit a nippy pacy out and out goalscorer as a partner

He doesn't seem to move fast anywhere tbf, basically a very good donkey haha

I agree if we get someone nippy like that number 14 from brum to play off him he could be very handy, he seems to have a decent record for bosnia as well

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He doesn't seem to move fast anywhere tbf, basically a very good donkey haha

I agree if we get someone nippy like that number 14 from brum to play off him he could be very handy, he seems to have a decent record for bosnia as well

In some ways Duric was a strange purchase - As a 'tool in bag' , ok but we don't play with width and generally fail to deliver decent crosses (Note Shotton , their centre half putting in a perfect cross first half  - Giefer came and got nowhere near it and they headed wide / over an unguarded goal !) 

We've been spoilt with Wilbs who could lead the line and was a goalscorer to boot

Wilbs looked more mobile at 37 than Duric does if I'm honest 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In some ways Duric was a strange purchase - As a 'tool in bag' , ok but we don't play with width and generally fail to deliver decent crosses (Note Shotton , their centre half putting in a perfect cross first half  - Giefer came and got nowhere near it and they headed wide / over an unguarded goal !) 

We've been spoilt with Wilbs who could lead the line and was a goalscorer to boot

Wilbs looked more mobile at 37 than Duric does if I'm honest 

Djuric had no mobility issue before though.

Likely to be down to a bit of rustiness after the hernia he had.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Djuric had no mobility issue before though.

Likely to be down to a bit of rustiness after the hernia he had.

I remember him coming on v sheff Wednesday and not being able to move, and that was before his hernia I think

Just now, JBFC II said:

I remember him coming on v sheff Wednesday and not being able to move, and that was before his hernia I think

Wasnt that around the time he got it though?

Plenty of the times he came on he was running and hassling the defences in a manner not too far off how Taylor does now. 

Wasnt that around the time he got it though?

Plenty of the times he came on he was running and hassling the defences in a manner not too far off how Taylor does now. 

that might be the case tbf

As said earlier with a quick striker beside him he will cause teams problems, maybe even if we can improve taylors finishing they looked good together in the few games they've played

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just doesn't look a goal threat for me but hard to judge when you have zero decent service

Agree that his hold up play was good and he at least gave them something to worry about

Taylor & Duric would see us relegated next season IMHO

But it won't be just those two Bob..............:facepalm:

LJ has already been in Italy on a scouting mission. No doubt MA has been on similar trips in Europe.......

Just now, JBFC II said:

As said earlier with a quick striker beside him he will cause teams problems, maybe even if we can improve taylors finishing they looked good together in the few games they've played

See my comments / opinions on Taylor elsewhere JBFC

Not sure he's a finisher at this level , or will be

Hope I'm wrong

@JamesBCFC - you may be right about Duric and he's not match fit but he's a big unit and it's the thought behind his movement as much as agility / pace that slightly concerns me - watching him he just 'gets in the box' rather than intelligently finding space , or pulling off the back of defenders etc    If you see what I mean 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Just checked and (assuming the Wednesday game was not moved from the date on the season ticket) they were 2 months apart, so it wasnt that!

However it was little over a week after he joined. So there is that

Djuric/Engvall has the potential to be a dangerous combo imo. Particularly if Engvall can keep his goalscoring form going until (and after) he returns.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

But it won't be just those two Bob..............:facepalm:

LJ has already been in Italy on a scouting mission. No doubt MA has been on similar trips in Europe.......

Not suggesting it will be - but a signing that doesn't deliver would IMHO see us in problems

As it stands I don't see we have enough goals in the side for next season

Either we need a 'restyle' in style of play and / or personnel or we need to recruit goals from more than one signing in the summer IMHO

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See my comments / opinions on Taylor elsewhere JBFC

Not sure he's a finisher at this level , or will be

Hope I'm wrong

@JamesBCFC - you may be right about Duric and he's not match fit but he's a big unit and it's the thought behind his movement as much as agility / pace that slightly concerns me - watching him he just 'gets in the box' rather than intelligently finding space , or pulling off the back of defenders etc    If you see what I mean 

I see what you mean, but also have seen him make very good runs and pick out bits of space.

I dont see him being the 'main' striker for us. But think he could get 5-10 goals and just as many assists if he was a regular starter in a front 2 for next season.

Particularly now he's had some time to attack and has a full preseason with us

See above about a potential Djuric/Engvall pairing.

@BobBobSuperBob we've had about 4 posts in a row on something without either of us being the slightest bit uncivil (new word?) 

Is that a record?! :thumbsup:

Ha ha !! :thumbsup:

You must have a different perception - can't say that I think that I row with you !

I do see an awful lot similarities in you as I see in myself btw

A younger version of me !!!

Not sure that's a good thing btw !!!!

;)

Archived