IGNORED

M Taylor - a poor waste of 300k?

reddogkev

If you look at videos of him his finishing ability doesn't seem to be a problem, in fact, it's very good. If you then considered he has had lean patches before then all he probably needs is to play himself into form. He has actually been getting chances in virtually every game and snatching at them - strikers that don't step up don't tend to suddenly find that they can't finish anymore, they stop being able to find space and make chances for themselves - This has not been Taylors problem so I'd say there is a good chance he will find his goalscoring touch again.

Also, It's easy to say he's not championship quality but current stats suggest he is - 9 starts 2 goals 5 assists would be about 10 goals 25 assists if he kept that up starting every game over a full season.  he has actually been getting chances and in virtually every game.

Total sh*t stir of a thread - how about congratulating and getting behind a bloke who played a big part in keeping us up.

Who would you have played in his place? Bet you're a Tomlin lover too - I know who I'd rather be paying my hard earned bunts to watch in a City shirt.

1 hour ago, RichardEdd said:

If you look at videos of him his finishing ability doesn't seem to be a problem, in fact, it's very good. If you then considered he has had lean patches before then all he probably needs is to play himself into form. He has actually been getting chances in virtually every game and snatching at them - strikers that don't step up don't tend to suddenly find that they can't finish anymore, they stop being able to find space and make chances for themselves - This has not been Taylors problem so I'd say there is a good chance he will find his goalscoring touch again.

Also, It's easy to say he's not championship quality but current stats suggest he is - 9 starts 2 goals 5 assists would be about 10 goals 25 assists if he kept that up starting every game over a full season.  he has actually been getting chances and in virtually every game.

That would be a phenomal contribution. Conor Hourihane had the highest amount of assists this season with 14. Second place had 10, which MT has got to half of in 9 starts and 6 sub appearances, that is very impressive! 

7 hours ago, Swede said:

In fairness to Matty Taylor its a big step up from the lower leagues to Championship.

I think overall he's done pretty well considering he's also had some minor injuries to contend with.

His work rate & movement is good. He's snatched at a few and probably felt a little out of place but the cross for Brownhill's goal at Brighton shows just what he's capable of & I was really pleased for him for that alone to show, that indeed, he does belong here.

In my view he needs to work on his first touch, he also needs to be fitter and stronger. All this can be achieved with a proper pre season with us & I feel sure with better coaching we will see a better, more confident player next season.

As for others who have made their way from the dark side, I'll give you Peter Beadle. A very good centre forward who could link up with anybody. 

Raise you Brian Williams. I loved old barrel!

12 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I agree, but ultimately he has to score goals.  I didn't watch him much when he was with the Gas - how did he get so many goals for them?  What sort of goals?

68 in 134 games  - can't comment on how his goals have come

Hes not what I expected at all -  doesn't look a natural finisher to me , snatches at chances , then you look at his goal return for the Sags , but then they were in the main scored in the Bananarama and L2

Found these if anyone genuinely interested in his type of goals

Bit stomach churning having to watch Sag goals but need to remember he ours now :D

Edit

In fairness - those videos suggest he certainly can finish and all sorts of finishes tbf

Doesnt show missed chances of course

Wont find the same room at this level but hopefully he will stop,snatching when a couple go in

5 hours ago, forbespm said:

Apart from 2 goals,5 assists,good workrate,intelligent link up play he hasn't, offered much

I think you need to see what the Romans did for us. so far Matty Has done the same but no hospitals

I honestly think it's Matty just settling in after all we are the biggest club he has played for maybe just nerves in front of goal. Matty obviously has a good eye for goal it's just a confidence thing in front of goal. I'm sure next year when he fully adapts to the level and starts scoring regularly he will kick on and prove he belongs at this level and don't forget he has been playing second fiddle to the wonderful form of Tammy Abraham

21 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Relative to most championship players. Not like he's gonna be a burden to us or anything. 

Maybe compared to the top payers, but he's one of our higher earners and we pay pretty well compared to most in this league (judging by accounts and stats posted on here)

On 09/05/2017 at 08:37, Super said:

How do you know what wages he is on? Be amazed if he is one of the highest earners.

About the only inside knowledge I've got, someone i play with coaches at Rovers and it was the talk of the club when we swooped in offering him 5x his current wage.

Just now, MarcusX said:

About the only inside knowledge I've got, someone i play with coaches at Rovers and it was the talk of the club when we swooped in offering him 5x his current wage.

That's no surprise. I cant imagine he was on serious money in League 1.

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What would he have been on at Rovers 2k a week?

3 minutes ago, Super said:

So miles from being one of the highest earners here then.

Don't know about miles Super - I don't know the wages 

But if you go back to the 'Cafe document' (below) (which I was told is authentic - and I don't know whether it is but seemed about right to me)

The top earner by that doc are  (Tomlin &GON only) are on £15000 basic and after that £10k 

IMG_0823.PNG

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't know about miles Super - I don't know the wages 

But if you go back to the 'Cafe document' (below) (which I was told is authentic - and I don't know whether it is but seemed about right to me)

The top earner by that doc are  (Tomlin &GON only) are on £15000 basic and after that £10k 

IMG_0823.PNG

BBSB - I still cannot believe this is real.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Out of interest , why not Dave ? 

Although it looks like it's got a fair bit of detail in it, I actually think it looks far too basic to form any financial use, even in summary form.  If I was putting together a spreadsheet / printout to do some projections or understand my base, I'd expect it to be more rich in data than that.

If I'm wrong and this really is real, then our approach to contractual finance looks a bit amateurish.  Even my own home finance spreadsheets are much more advanced than this.

Perhaps it's a data sheet used by the Football Manager researcher (Barnesy?) for the database.

Do you know something I don't?

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Out of interest , why not Dave ? 

I agree with Davefevs in that I can't believe it's genuine.

Davefevs has made some really good points around professionalism and I'd like to add something else.

If you look at the bottom left it says:

NO Mawson, NO Canos, NO New GK, NO Kent

I really can't believe that a genuine club document referencing the wages would contain details of potential transferees either in that format or on such a document. The club must have many 'irons in the fire' regarding incomings so just to limit it to those few seems a little suspicious. Especially when you think those names were the ones being touted in the media / in the spotlight last summer.

For that reason it looks like a hoax.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Although it looks like it's got a fair bit of detail in it, I actually think it looks far too basic to form any financial use, even in summary form.  If I was putting together a spreadsheet / printout to do some projections or understand my base, I'd expect it to be more rich in data than that.

If I'm wrong and this really is real, then our approach to contractual finance looks a bit amateurish.  Even my own home finance spreadsheets are much more advanced than this.

Perhaps it's a data sheet used by the Football Manager researcher (Barnesy?) for the database.

Do you know something I don't?

No mate , not at all

purely a hunch - think the wages look about what Id expect , even Vyner with small wage but decent appearance money if he makes first team

Agree it looks a bit basic but seen plenty of docs from organisations f similar quality and depends who was playing with the figures

I might be wrong but didn't Wes's dad confirm the doc was authentic , or at least it's content ?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No mate , not at all

purely a hunch - think the wages look about what Id expect , even Vyner with small wage but decent appearance money if he makes first team

Agree it looks a bit basic but seen plenty of docs from organisations f similar quality and depends who was playing with the figures

I might be wrong but didn't Wes's dad confirm the doc was authentic , or at least it's content ?

How would he know, being cynical.  Some players are open with what they earn, some agents blab, but some closely guard it.

In my line, it's unwritten that we chat about our day rates....it just causes animosity or fibs.

Just now, Davefevs said:

How would he know, being cynical.  Some players are open with what they earn, some agents blab, but some closely guard it.

In my line, it's unwritten that we chat about our day rates....it just causes animosity or fibs.

True 

Mind you we had a Chief Scout some years back who used to tell players who was earning what !!!

Think we all need to give the guy the benefit of one 'pre-season' with a decent club. He has never had one!

Compare;

Tammy at Chelsea and City

Matty at some crap field in North Bristol

Actually I do have my doubts based on his misses  (never seen his Mrs) but with the right player alongside him could be the signing of last season (and there were 16 others?) so remain hopeful.

one of the more ridiculous threads of the season,and that's an acheivment.

Matty has worked very hard,occupied defenders with tireless running into space thus creating same for Tammy and Pato.

Chipped in with a couple of goals (OK,one of which awarded by panel)..

Great attiutude during what,let's face it,couldn't have been the easiest of transfers.

Small point of seven assists,therefore integral in our upturnn in form/subsequent survival-even accepting he has snatched at chances,maybe a result of trying too hard.

And all for 300 grand,in football terms at this level small change.

On 08/05/2017 at 23:30, Shtanley said:

300k and on relatively low wages. Lots of assists for a short city career. This was his first season above League 2 give him a little while to reach his best. 

300k is low - but his wages are not low. 

He is one of our highest earners. 

Archived