IGNORED

Tony Robinson - proper dude.

lenred

I met him outside the O2 arena in London after watching Circ De Solais. I was with about 30 drunk, hysterical work colleagues when I noticed him and went up to have a quick hello. We got bombarded and he stood for about 20 mins having photos taken and various Blackadder quotes shouted at him (many of which weren't even Baldricks).

We had a good chat about City though!

Just watching Time Team Series 20 Episode 9 on 4OD, excavating Dundrum Castle in Northern Ireland, whereupon the pottery expert identifies a piece of pottery as a roof finial which was made in Bristol in the 12th century.

Whereupon Tony says; "How do you know it was made in Bristol?  I can't see a Bristol City FC mark on it."

Top man, every opportunity!

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Just watching Time Team Series 20 Episode 9 on 4OD, excavating Dundrum Castle in Northern Ireland, whereupon the pottery expert identifies a piece of pottery as a roof finial which was made in Bristol in the 12th century.

Whereupon Tony says; "How do you know it was made in Bristol?  I can't see a Bristol City FC mark on it."

Top man, every opportunity!

The Jonathan Pearce of archaeology!

11 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Even though it was "Can you hear Baldrick sing? Yes you f****** can". But I get your point.

I always thought it was "Can you hear Rovers sing? No you f****** can't" in response to the gas singing about Baldrick? Was a long time ago now though so memory may well be hazy...

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I always thought it was "Can you hear Rovers sing? No you f****** can't" in response to the gas singing about Baldrick? Was a long time ago now though so memory may well be hazy...

Some conflicting opinions. Try the link:-

Anyway, he said "f***" on the PA system at the Gate, and that's good enough for me. Not enough swearing at football these days..........

Archived