IGNORED

Tammy returning to BS3??

RaspberryRed

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I don't see why people think he is not ready for the Premier League. The list of 19 year olds that have started is endless. Rooney Owen etc. He is as good a finisher as they were then

Don't agree with that. Tammy had a great season but he did miss loads of chances which the 2 mentioned would have buried.

There is absolutely no chance of Tammy coming back next season. He will play in the Prem next year. If he can score goals for our shambles of a side, then he has nothing more to prove at this level. He needs to play against better defenders now. 

We had the benefit of a 20-30M striker for a season, it was a joy and he helped us avoid relegation. Best loan signing we have made in years, but it is over. Let's hope another one can be found to fill his place as we have nothing of note up front in the squad. 

1 minute ago, Psychopomp said:

There is absolutely no chance of Tammy coming back next season. He will play in the Prem next year. If he can score goals for our shambles of a side, then he has nothing more to prove at this level. He needs to play against better defenders now. 

We had the benefit of a 20-30M striker for a season, it was a joy and he helped us avoid relegation. Best loan signing we have made in years, but it is over. Let's hope another one can be found to fill his place as we have nothing of note up front in the squad. 

^^ some sense

Hopefully what we're doing is building a reputation so the likes of Chelsea will loan talented young players.  

Credit to LJ, he convinced Chelsea and more importantly Tammy's Mum that a move down here would be worthwhile.

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Don't agree with that. Tammy had a great season but he did miss loads of chances which the 2 mentioned would have buried.

I think the 2 mentioned would have also missed plenty during their careers.

31 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Yes there is a chance.  Maybe not a big one, but a chance nonetheless.

15 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Just round at a Chelsea mates house and for my penance I have had to put up with Chelsea TV on in the background. Pleased to hear Tammy get mentioned a few times in dispatches by Pat Nevin no less who seems very in with the club and I don't know if he has an official role still there.

They were talking about what a small squad they had and how man United have suffered from injuries this year and their squad is apparently massive.

At which point they had a telephone caller who mentioned them being light on strikers and hoped on Tammy returning. At which point Pat Nevin jumped in and said that for the start of next season he was more than happy to go with Costa & Batshuayi. That he wouldn't like to see Tammy come back and sit on the bench until the tough winter months and that he would be much better served coming back to Chelsea after the January premiership transfer window has closed, as he needed further playing time and experience at his current level so he could see him coming back in at that point

At no point did he say he was staying at city but his words regarding further playing time at his current level definitely put a big smile on my face.

Let's be honest it makes perfect sense to keep him at the club where he is already settled and has done a fantastic job as have the club with his development. All this talk of speaking to Chelsea about keeping didn't have me biting in the slightest as I didn't think there was any chance but this has definitely made me think it could be a distinct possibility

Oh Tammy Tammy

That doesn`t sound to me like he`s going to the prem.

1 hour ago, Honiton Tony said:

He is leaving ....... move on !

This exactly.

It's like having a summer fling with a girl who everyone thought was a 6, but turns out to be a 10. At your best you're a 5, and were punching above your weight when you thought she was a 6. She's said 'it's been nice', but no, she doesn't know what she's doing next year.

We need to find our very own 6.

(In the interests of equalilty and inclusion, 'she' could've been a 'he', or any shade in between. And you are free to interpret 'fling' yourself, although be assured that I didn't mean it in the literal sense.)

1 hour ago, Super said:

Really. Michael Owen scored 18 in his first and second full season at age 18. Without trawling any further any thoughts on what Tammy may do next season is pure conjecture. Owen never had a full season under his belt in the league below either. 26 or so goals are a pretty good indicator of what he could do. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Fulham, Palace, Watford, West Ham. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he's at Huddersfield heat season if they get promoted.

They've got a couple of Chelsea youngsters already on loan this season and if they win next week, wouldn't be surprised if Tammy and others are there on a season loan. Makes sense to have them at the same club 

16 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The world would be a depressing place if everyone gave up if they thought they had no chance.  Whatever happened to 'dare to dream' etc.?  Come on, if Teresa May can get to be Prime Minister then ANYTHING is possible.

I would think Corbyn being prime minister would be a more impossible dream. Anyway , why waste thoughts on something that is never going to happen. Far better to think of who will replace Kodja/Tammy . We have has 2 of the best strikers in our league for these first seasons in the Championship and yet had 2 disastrous results and relegation battles. Think what both of these years would have been like without those 2 players. We need goals and have no-one in the squad to fill the huge gap. 

It would be great if he did come back to us even if only till the end of Jan. Its not out of the question because both Chelsea and the player will want a club where he is playing week in week out.

If he went to a prem club would that be the case, would it be the case at the top Championship clubs - I don't know but he would be a starter every week he was fit at City. We have also shown we can look after his development as well so why not.

On 22/05/2017 at 09:16, Jacki said:

Fair point but if he went to one of the lower Premier League clubs he wouldn't be a threat to them. In fact, if anything he'd potentially be doing Chelsea a favour by scoring plenty against their big rivals, helping whoever he's playing for take points off the bigger teams. 

I still reckon a move to a Swansea, Bournemouth or Southampton type club is the most likely outcome.  

I believe Chelsea inserted a clause that we had to play him if fit, can you see those clubs you mention agreeging to that clause with a player who is intested in the prem? With the stakes so high in the prem i cant see those clubs agreeging to play him in potentially 38 league games.

On 22/05/2017 at 12:14, REDOXO said:

I don't see why people think he is not ready for the Premier League. The list of 19 year olds that have started is endless. Rooney Owen etc. He is as good a finisher as they were then. 

Funnily enough I'd say 'finishing' in the traditional sense is one of his real weaknesses. 

Fantastic, instinctive goal scorer - in the 'always in the right place to toe poke or shin one in' sense.

But improving his actual finishing when he has time and a decision to make would add even more millions to his value!

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Funnily enough I'd say 'finishing' in the traditional sense is one of his real weaknesses. 

Fantastic, instinctive goal scorer - in the 'always in the right place to toe poke or shin one in' sense.

But improving his actual finishing when he has time and a decision to make would add even more millions to his value!

He is not a natural finisher missed a fair few when only the keeper to beat, but certainly did seem to be in the right place in the box plenty of times which itself is priceless.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

He is not a natural finisher missed a fair few when only the keeper to beat, but certainly did seem to be in the right place in the box plenty of times which itself is priceless.

Absolutely. Want knocking him at all, a goal is a goal, but I wouldn't describe him as a born and bred finisher in the way that Owen was. 

If a striker scores 20-25 goals a season by being in the right place at the right time, then that makes him a natural finisher in my eyes.

Owen was a natural finisher, but he also had blinding pace so that he could burn off defenders from the halfway line and that puts him in a different category to Tammy ( at the moment anyway).

20 minutes ago, Super said:

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely. Want knocking him at all, a goal is a goal, but I wouldn't describe him as a born and bred finisher in the way that Owen was. 

Just now, downendcity said:

If a striker scores 20-25 goals a season by being in the right place at the right time, then that makes him a natural finisher in my eyes.

Owen was a natural finisher, but he also had blinding pace so that he could burn off defenders from the halfway line and that puts him in a different category to Tammy ( at the moment anyway).

Good posts 

In simple terms he's a different sort of finisher to Rooney , to Owen , to Kane

Brilliant at getting himself close to goal an at reading keepers parries, balls coming off the woodwork and getting on the end of crosses - as Super says that knack of being in the right place - that isn't luck when it happens week after week

If being picky could improve in the air and striking a ball from outside the box but to get 25 nearly all from within the box is remarkable and testament to his skill in there 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good posts 

In simple terms he's a different sort of finisher to Rooney , to Owen , to Kane

Brilliant at getting himself close to goal an at reading keepers parries, balls coming off the woodwork and getting on the end of crosses - as Super says that knack of being in the right place - that isn't luck when it happens week after week

If being picky could improve in the air and striking a ball from outside the box but to get 25 nearly all from within the box is remarkable and testament to his skill in there 

At 19 there's a good chance he can still improve and with his height he should be good in the air - might just need coaching n this area.

Interestingly, I was listening to Dean Ashton talking about Harry Kane at the week-end, and he said that Kane can still improve. In particular he picked up that Kane only scored 2 of his 29 goals with his head and that Deli Ali scores more goals with his head than Kane.

Tammy has innate natural scoring ability. Decent coaching in other areas will see him improve and imagine how god he could then be.

Archived