IGNORED

It's a process...

It’sSmiittthhh

"Joe Bryan's game time has quadrupled over the past 18 months."

Based on what? It's just a lie. 

"When you look at the number of players that have moved through that pathway from the 23's to the first team..." *pats self on back*

Really? Like who? Vyner for a couple of games?

"Bobby will get more game time next season."

Oh brilliant. Just what I wanted to hear. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Based on what? It's just a lie

"When you look at the number of players that have moved through that pathway from the 23's to the first team..." *pats self on back*

Using this as a source http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-bryan/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/194460 I'm not sure where he's got that one from either unfortunately.

Watched the interview. Personally not seeing any issues. Given that the transfer period does not start until later on given the contract periods, there is not much movement. Yep this is true.

LJ does not want a big squad, that makes sense, easier to keep people happy. 

Targetsidentified in key positions with a plan a,b & c depending on realistic availability.

No need to sell. 

There seems to be no need to rush. Strikes me as all being under control, which is largely what MA's job is.

Nothing to see here.

I'mssure that there will be those that disagree, but everything makes sense to me.

Turned off as soon as he said "Joe Bryan has had a fantastic season" and "Bobby will get more game time next season". 

"The players we bring in for the here and now need to improve us". Well no shit. 

If thats a sign of things to come then may as well ******* relegate us now. 

The guy is a walking talking cliche. 

45 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Watched the interview. Personally not seeing any issues. Given that the transfer period does not start until later on given the contract periods, there is not much movement. Yep this is true.

LJ does not want a big squad, that makes sense, easier to keep people happy. 

Targetsidentified in key positions with a plan a,b & c depending on realistic availability.

No need to sell. 

There seems to be no need to rush. Strikes me as all being under control, which is largely what MA's job is.

Nothing to see here.

I'mssure that there will be those that disagree, but everything makes sense to me.

A bit contradictory in places such as don't need to sell but smaller squad and we are bringing in at all levels?

so a small squad tight knit squad is how many players?

30, 40 or 50??

surely if the team doing all the scouting and targeting of players pre end of season will bare some fruits of their labour

i think we may see quite a few leave if the club land who they really want and are considered better than what we have already

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Yep.

Very good interview.

Lucky to have him here.

Out of interest what is that based on? Not really sure what he's brought to the table? I'd say our transfer dealings since he came in has been quite average? At best. Seems to talk out of his ass most of the time? This one seems no different.

Quite, no need to sell does not mean they won't sell if the price is right. When the PL can mean an £11m difference in finishing a few positions higher, we really do need to try to invest, develop, sell and reinvest until we reach that world.

I can appreciate that for some MA will grate, and quote cliche, but for me he's got a good grasp on modern football and everything that goes with it.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Fordy,, I could not agree more.

That was an utter pack of BS and lies.

Mark Ashton has a great career in politics available to him if he ever chooses to leave  football.

How stupid does BS think we are?

And this is the COO who utterly disappeared during the dark days of last season.

Disappointed, but frankly not surprised.

The tone of it suggests we had an OK season and its now about some fine tuning!

Utterly and completed deluded.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Its based on not seeing everything that comes out of the club as shite.

So would you like to explain why we are lucky to have him? I'm curious? Or are you just going to just spout the same shit when you see anything remotely negative?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

We must have another Bobby on the books, that can't be Young Bobby he's talking about surely? :shocking: :dunno:

I also find this pathway to the first team talk a bit odd. Vyner played a couple of games, but when we had nobody else. I wonder how many he'll play next season if we sign a half decent right back? Bet he gets loaned out again.

Bobby and Bryan came through at a time when our academy was slagged off by most. Nothing this current lot can take the credit for.

I was actually hoping Reid would be moved on this summer, as I've said before, it's getting a little bit like James Wilson, he's still perceived as being a promising youngster but he's actually 24, he probably needs to move on to progress & we should be looking to massively improve on him. 

11 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

So would you like to explain why we are lucky to have him? I'm curious? Or are you just going to just spout the same shit when you see anything remotely negative?

Simply because football has changed, whether we like it or not, agents, media rights and sponsorship have completely changed the higher echelons of football.  MA strikes me as someone who fully understands and appreciates how that works. If that ability can be harnessed and work for us, then I'm prepared to deal with the fansite interview that speaks much and says little.

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I also find this pathway to the first team talk a bit odd. Vyner played a couple of games, but when we had nobody else. I wonder how many he'll play next season if we sign a half decent right back? Bet he gets loaned out again.

Bobby and Bryan came through at a time when our academy was slagged off by most. Nothing this current lot can take the credit for.

I was actually hoping Reid would be moved on this summer, as I've said before, it's getting a little bit like James Wilson, he's still perceived as being a promising youngster but he's actually 24, he probably needs to move on to progress & we should be looking to massively improve on him. 

My growing suspicion is a big part of keeping Bobby on is so he can be continually be used as an example of 'an Academy product in the first team squad'. Justifying the Academy, and 'proof of the pathway', even if in reality he isn't good enough.

That really shouldn't be sufficient for the player himself, he should insist on moving on for the sake of his career.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

My growing suspicion is a big part of keeping Bobby on is so he can be continually be used as an example of 'an Academy product in the first team squad'. Justifying the Academy, and 'proof of the pathway', even if in reality he isn't good enough.

That really shouldn't be sufficient for the player himself, he should insist on moving on for the sake of his career.

There may well be some truth in that.

Archived