IGNORED

Ronaldo or Messi ?

stephenkibby.

Once phoned in to talk sport on this (pissed) and when asked which one I would want down the gate said neither we need a center half.

But then said Messi every time. My reason being in the last minute of a final at 0/0 Rocky is breaking into the box from wide, he has two players busting a gut getting into the box. if he squares the ball tap in. Dose he do it no, he has a crack from the angle.

Messi? Just watching the Copa Del Rey now if Messi thinks his team mate has a better chance he puts him in.

For me great as Ronaldo is Ronaldo plays for himself, Messi plays for the team.

Waz reckon?

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I dislike him less is a weird thing. just cos he's a poser  Ronaldo is the better  imo  and he played in England, and he's funnier as a guy AND he shouldnt be in jail (unlike some) etc etc

He is also a cheat (both are) and dives at every opportunity.

I cannot stand arrogance in anyone, and he is full of it. 

Then again, Messi has the whole tax evasion thing, both are extremely easy to dislike really.

I hate seeing players dive, whether it is Messi/Ronaldo or Tomlin, but in my eyes it is even worse from the former two, they are world class players and do not need to cheat to tear teams apart, yet do it anyway.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He is also a cheat (both are) and dives at every opportunity.

I cannot stand arrogance in anyone, and he is full of it. 

Then again, Messi has the whole tax evasion thing, both are extremely easy to dislike really.

I hate seeing players dive, whether it is Messi/Ronaldo or Tomlin, but in my eyes it is even worse from the former two, they are world class players and do not need to cheat to tear teams apart, yet do it anyway.

I think that's harsh. I hate diving more than anything but have always thought Messi was known for trying to stay on his feet and not rolling around....?

1 minute ago, Judda said:

I think that's harsh. I hate diving more than anything but have always thought Messi was known for trying to stay on his feet and not rolling around....?

He certainly isn't as bad for it as Ronaldo (is anyone), but both do it plenty

,19 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Always Messi but Ronaldo has closed the gap 

Good in the air as well and I think he's won a major trophy at international level 

How's he closed the gap?  He's always good in the air.

My point being do you want a team player or Ronaldo. Never in doubt his skill do you want Maradona Ronaldo.

Or do you want Pele, Cruyff  who even in the great sides they played in were team players.?

Messi. Easily. Credit to Ronaldo for working to get to where he is now, he acts like hes got something to prove. Messi is just pure, raw talent. He is probably the best to ever kick a ball. Breathtaking player.

Messi. So so so talented. For me, the way Messi reads the game sets him apart from Ronaldo. He reads the game and his team mates so well he can wander into spaces that will only appear dangerous in 4,5,6 passes time, truly incredible. Ignoring anything off the field I love them both and I'll enjoy a few more years of this discussion before it's too late!

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:09, joe jordans teeth said:

Messi for me because it's natural,ronaldo has worked hard to get to the level he has so deserves massive credit whatever you think of him

The skill level of neither is natural. Both are what as known as outliners when it come down to practice where they worked harder than everybody else for longer and grasped the opportunities they had.

Players are not born with that level of motor functioning, improved perception and engrams (neuro connections), its developed via stupendously high levels of deliberate practice.

If either are naturally talented it is Ronaldo. His physical ability is unusual - High levels of slow and fast twitch fibres put him in the 1% gene pool. Body shape ecto/meso ... Born strong and fast. And probably disliked even at Primary school for it. 

Ronaldo,as much as I think Messi is an outstanding talent,he has had a team built around him for years, Ronaldo has done it at various teams and proven himself outside the comfort of his natural surroundings in two countries where he is speaking a foriegn language.

Ronaldo has played several styles of football in different countries and proved he can adapt... Has Messi?

And he has won a top international level as well now.

Don't get me wrong,both brilliant,but Ronalso's extra experience wins it for me every single time.

Archived