IGNORED

New badge

ollywhyte

Saw this banded round on Facebook a few times other day... pretty sure we won't be changing it but I for one would love to see the Robin back! Fairly decent design in my opinion. I know this conversation pops up every now and again so apologise in advance, it's that time of the year!!

IMG_1696.PNG

Just now, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

I don't care for the robin badge but I actually really like that. Looks both modern and classic.... 

Exactly what I thought when I saw that. Could say it fits the DNA...

I love being the robins but the robin on the badge always looked a bit ......... how do I put this........ a bit like big fat phil from the Paddy Power coach advert. A little plump and not all that menacing.

I love this badge the robin looks like we are turning up to make a statement, its everything ive always wanted our pretty little feathered friend to be. Its a bit like your Mrs wearing a posh frock and then necking a pint ..... a bit of grrr behind the posh plumage 

My favourite home & away kit was the 1990-91 kit. The season after Bob Taylor got injured and cost us being champions. I think it was made by Buckta? I remember liking the away yellow and green on holiday with pride. I think Junior scored against Swindon in it. 

1 hour ago, MetzRed said:

Could do with a silhouette of the suspension bridge behind the robin.

But I also would rather we kept the current badge.

I was thinking would be nice to have it where it says the team name going across.

Don't need the team name on the badge - the bridge says it all !!

I saw an excellent design last year. I thought I had saved the image on my computer but I can't find it. been looking on google and everywhere to try find it again. It is very similar to the image below but it had more bold curved lines to make he image of the robin up. All it needed was an image of the suspension bridge behind and that would have been a perfect badge design. If anyone has seen it too put me out of my misery.

CMdx3s0WIAAoXm3.jpg

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Saw this banded round on Facebook a few times other day... pretty sure we won't be changing it but I for one would love to see the Robin back! Fairly decent design in my opinion. I know this conversation pops up every now and again so apologise in advance, it's that time of the year!!

IMG_1696.PNG

No 

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

IMG_1696.PNG

I quite like it. It's a grower

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Your display pic is pretty good IMO.

Yeah it's pretty decent, a lot better than what we use, but as I say I'd love a Oakwell badge, plain and simple just a well with oak leaves and BFC underneath, I think the plain simple badges are the best, Swansea, Forest, Wolves, Liverpool, the old Arsenal one I think they look quality 

Just now, Rascal said:

Yeah it's pretty decent, a lot better than what we use, but as I say I'd love a Oakwell badge, plain and simple just a well with oak leaves and BFC underneath, I think the plain simple badges are the best, Swansea, Forest, Wolves, Liverpool, the old Arsenal one I think they look quality 

Yeah I completely agree. I may upset other city fans but I'm not a big fan of our badge it looks messy. 

You should be able to guess what team the badge belongs to just by looking at it. Like Wolves, Derby, Swans etc.

4 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

I don't care for the robin badge but I actually really like that. Looks both modern and classic.... 

Exactly.   Look great on a simple shirt like the mock ups of the 

I get the nostalgia for the old Robin but I think it looks too dated.  This looks timeless.

Archived