IGNORED

New badge

ollywhyte

The reality is the current city badge is not marketable at all.

Its too detailed, look at every single premeir league crest, a child could draw every single one and thats the way they want it because they can stick it on every lunchbox, pencil case, drinks bottle, cuddly toy, poster, car sticker .....for minimal printing costs. 

We've already started printing it on shirts in a single colour, if city ever got a sniff of the prem the current badge is history, 100%.

On 6/2/2017 at 16:01, ollywhyte said:

Saw this banded round on Facebook a few times other day... pretty sure we won't be changing it but I for one would love to see the Robin back! Fairly decent design in my opinion. I know this conversation pops up every now and again so apologise in advance, it's that time of the year!!

IMG_1696.PNG

This is ace! Get it on the shirt

56 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Is this taking the mick? One of most stupid and ignorant posts I've seen recently 

Nope. I don't want it and I don't think it will happen but I think if it's changed the Bristol Sport logo is everything that people are asking for, it's clean and easily identifiable.

On 6/2/2017 at 16:01, ollywhyte said:

Saw this banded round on Facebook a few times other day... pretty sure we won't be changing it but I for one would love to see the Robin back! Fairly decent design in my opinion. I know this conversation pops up every now and again so apologise in advance, it's that time of the year!!

IMG_1696.PNG

Love it

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 16:01, ollywhyte said:

IMG_1696.PNG

If I had my way I'd bring back the old robin/bridge badge from the seventies/eighties... I don't care what anyone says, I think that it is the best football badge in the world and one of the most easily identifiable.

That said, this is easily the best alternative robin badge that I have seen. 

Of the two designs, I prefer the first one but would much rather stick with the Coat of Arms. The Robins is a nickname and should stay that way, the club is Bristol City so the City of Bristol coat of arms makes perfect sense and then having "the Robins" somehow added onto the shirt is all we need.

Love it. Saw it on twitter over the weekend and got my hopes up

I cannot stand the current badge. Nothing says 'Bristol City FC' than a generic coat of arms that could be Bury, or Burnley, or Huddersfield Town etc etc

Get 1894 on there, and you have to have the bridge, and put it in a roundel, not a shield and we're sorted

Make it happen

#makingwoodsyprowd

It's nice and maybe stick it on some club merchandise or something but not on the actual club kit IMO.

I think the classic coat of arms badge should be kept but what annoys me is that it continually changes colour depending on the colour of the kit.

Keep the old classic design and colours, don't make it all red or purple etc. In my humble opinion.

On 6/3/2017 at 00:34, Olé said:

Shameless repost

IMG_1457.thumb.PNG.f5f403ebf08a0cd9f7f22ff7b1d72987.PNG

Personally feel the Robin looks a little...flountsy(?) And what's with the 1897 nonsense?!?  Like the helmet in the middle of the bridge...unsure if it actually needs our name on it - robin and Suspension Bridge instantly screams BCFC. But if the writing's not there I guess it would look as though the robin was wearing an ill fitting hat!

Although the critique may make it seem otherwise, I don't dislike the potential or concept of this badge though Olé..! :)

Archived