IGNORED

Football Manager 2017

ollywhyte

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

First season done this week - Djuric was a revelation - 31 goals :blink:

Djuric was great for me also but i ended up losing him. Board sold him without asking me apparently offer was to good to turn down. 

Sold him to Hertha in the German second division for 5million 

Just finished second season and won promotion somehow finishing second behind Brighton  by 4 points. 

Tammy ended with 19 from 38 in all comps and Adam Armstrong ended with 17 from 37. The CAM i signed  to cover Lee Tomlin Ali Crawford chipped in with 12.

Players of the season were by far Zuculini ended with average rating of 7.27 and goalkeeper Scott Bain who ended with an incredible 18 clean sheets from 33 games. Crazy to think he only cost 400k and Zuculini was a free transfer. 

Two early signings for our first season in the prem and that's  Sam Byram from west ham for 1.7mill and Ruben Loftus-Cheek for 3.7mill. i have about 14 million left to spend but really need a striker as both Tammy and Amrstrong will be going back to there clubs. May try and get Lato back for a second season on loan

Although i'm being offered interviews left right and centre so may not be here come start of the season.

When I did my first season as City, I signed a Brazilian called Samuel for circa 700k.

The guy was a revelation. Scoring in every game from October to December and I didn't lose if he scored.

That was until late december when he scored and then had his ankle broken. Lost that game and my form faltered. He returned from injury 2 games before the playoffs and scored the goal to win promotion

Would reccommend him for anyone in the Championship needing a decent striker for a low fee.

24 games in I was on 51 points, 10 points clear of 2nd and 3rd. 11 games later and I'm on 71 but Peterborough have closed the gap behind me to 4 points and Leeds in 3rd to 6 points, little close for my liking. James Wilson had a spell out injured which didn't help as none of my other strikers have been able to find any form.

Currently in 2020 with Aldershot in the Championship having been promoted the preceding season together with Blackburn and Birmingham. Having got double promotions to League 1 where I lost the play off final to Charlton 2-1 having overcome a certain Bristol City in the Semis with my free kid from Norway, Remi André Swindland, scoring 2 free kick blockbusters to win 4-2 on aggregate, before promotion as mentioned the following season in 2nd - City being relegated in 2018 following scraping survival by finishing two points above a lowly Preston in 2017, in 21st on 48 pts, preceding said relegation season finishing 22nd, on 45 points, 2 points below financial stricken Forest who were playing 7 players trained at the City Ground I.e. Who came through their academy, and were forced to sell Assombalonga for £7M to Brighton.

Currently have a few of the current England U21/19s who were bizarrely transfer listed and I picked up for cheap including the likes of Freddie Woodman, Ben Sheaf, Harry Wilson, and Harvey Barnes; alongside a mix of wizened tough codgers including the likes of Aden Flint and Korey Smith signed from Middlesborough for £100k and Port Vale - who were relegated from the SBC - for £150k respectively, and academy graduates. And having been basically in debt for said first two seasons, I was very grateful for Newcastle coming in for £2.5m for regen wonder Alex Malyon.

Other players in the team consists of Liverpool youngster Connor Randall, Ipswich academy graduate Myles Kenlock, Bournemouth defender Baily Cargill, the enigmatic Man Utd prospect Callum Gribbin on loan, former Blackburn Loanee Sam Gallagher, plus further use of the vast expanse of loan listed premier league youngsters for Southampton centre-back Alfie Jones, and my L1 top scorer - Norwich City striker Carlton Morris (who I recommend very highly).

My wage spending in the Championship is a committed spend of £85kpw, the next lowest being Coventry at around £140kpw who survived the previous season following promotion from League One as champions in 2019 by finishing in a comfortable 18th. This following a soft Brexit scenario.

Currently 10th in the Championship after 10 games, including a 4-1 win over recently relegated Swansea City by The 'shots on opening day. The 'Shots are also moving into a new stadium of unknown capacity in October of 2021.

Teams are also falling on hard times, Bradford and Bolton, the latter suffering relegation in 2020 after relegation from the SBC in 2019, are both in League 2 along with Bristol Rovers.

Alternatively some surprises have beven thrown up, Port Vale were promoted to the SBC in 2018 along, survived one season, and relegated in 2020.

Teams in the Prem include the likes of Newcastle, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, and Brentford, at the detriment of teams including Swansea, West Ham, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Watford.

Third times the charm, won the league with 93 points. Managed to kick on again and ended up winning by 12 points, was on top of the table from week 8, so fairly comfortable. James Wilson finished with 31 goals in 40 games so 51 goals in 2 seasons for me on loan, his contract at Utd was ending too so managed to snap him up for £1.5m. Been given a new contract so time to see if I can turn them into a decent prem side. 

31 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'll take that :cool:

Doubling of the wage budget and £19.6m to spend in the Prem

Top scorer (Djuric) had just 13 goals. 

Oh and the Gas finished bottom of L1 :laugh: 

4082a7568b45aaf7c969b47d282c1e7e.png

You better hit the ground running with £20m to spend :fear:

Villa only gave me £8.5m to spend, the tight arses ;)

23 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

By this years I mean 2017-18.

Fair shout. I never buy it til this time of year when it's cheap as there's always an up to the minute data update available (i.e. Pisano hasn't already been moved tom City)

Annoyingly with this deal and Diedhiou seemingly all but done, I now want to start my save again with them two transferred!

28 games in and I'm sitting 12th on 33 points, bit of a leaky defence but pretty good upfront. Just before season started James Wilson was ruled out for around 2 months, big blow considering his form the previous seasons. But coped alright and since his return he's scored 12 goals. Picked up Douglas from Barca 'B' on a free, but he's been pretty useless still using Byram at RB. Juame Costa LB from Villarreal for £1.7m, decent signing and steady enough. Tolga Cigerci on a free, good box to box midfielder and is running my midfield and Massimo Bruno on a free, attacking midfielder with 6 goals and 5 assists chipping in well. In January I then added Jerry St.Juste, 23 year old CB for £10m, 3 star atm but potential to improve to 4 star. Wjinaldum for £5.5m, had intended to start him but my current CM partnership is working really well. Arber Zeneli, left winger for £2.2m and 3 goals in his first 9 games after a poor first couple of games is fitting in well. Finally Enes Unal on loan to cover upfront.

Surprisingly Marc Roberts has been my best CB and since signing St.Juste has forced me to keep Omourou out the side. Should hopefully finish mid table so a decent first season if I can. 

Good effort @Fuber!

I don't know what it is but even when I succeed I never enjoy managing City. I think it's because you end up trying to do everything exactly how we would IRL with regards the sort of player you sign etc. 

Thinking of starting a new save but don't know who to be. Might start unemployed and see what happens. Or try and surpass Rovers with Forest Green. That could be fun actually....

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Good effort @Fuber!

I don't know what it is but even when I succeed I never enjoy managing City. I think it's because you end up trying to do everything exactly how we would IRL with regards the sort of player you sign etc. 

Thinking of starting a new save but don't know who to be. Might start unemployed and see what happens. Or try and surpass Rovers with Forest Green. That could be fun actually....

Starting unemployed with no badges is always a good challenge (see the last page and my game at a Swedish club)

Seperate thing, I cannot actually play the game anymore. I have no internet access and I am being told I need to be online for the first start up, despite having played hundreds of hours.

Am getting this for all games except Worms Armageddon and Rocket League.

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Starting unemployed with no badges is always a good challenge (see the last page and my game at a Swedish club)

Seperate thing, I cannot actually play the game anymore. I have no internet access and I am being told I need to be online for the first start up, despite having played hundreds of hours.

Am getting this for all games except Worms Armageddon and Rocket League.

That's irritating. I guess it's a Steam thing? 

Are you playing on a laptop? Could you take it somewhere like a coffee shop where you can briefly get online? Or use your mobile phone data as a temporary hotspot?

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's irritating. I guess it's a Steam thing? 

Are you playing on a laptop? Could you take it somewhere like a coffee shop where you can briefly get online? Or use your mobile phone data as a temporary hotspot?

Yeah it is on my laptop, and a steam thing. Had gone to a coffee shop and done that, it works for a while, I just cannot let my laptop turn off or run out of battery otherwise it happens again. Very annoying!

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah it is on my laptop, and a steam thing. Had gone to a coffee shop and done that, it works for a while, I just cannot let my laptop turn off or run out of battery otherwise it happens again. Very annoying!

I think you can put steam in offline mode which disables any kind of updates or anything - might be worth a try!

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think you can put steam in offline mode which disables any kind of updates or anything - might be worth a try!

Been in offline mode for months, other than when I stayed at families and had access to internet.

Might email steam support next time I have stable internet access.

Back on topic, one of the best FM saves I had was on FM15. Started unemployed, got the job at Barrow.

Went roughly as follows:

First season finished 10th. 

Second season finished 2nd, losing the title on the final day and lost in the playoff final.

Third season, same as above, but got promoted.

Fourth season playoff failure

Fifth season lost the title in the last couple of weeks.

Sixth season promoted to the Championship via playoffs.

After that I don't remember other than roughly mid table finishes for a season or two.

Holding onto first is a problem I still have now. On my City save I had one season where a win would get the title if 1st and 2nd lost, they did but so did I.

The following season I was 5 clear in January and came second (massive injury crisis)

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Been in offline mode for months, other than when I stayed at families and had access to internet.

Might email steam support next time I have stable internet access.

Back on topic, one of the best FM saves I had was on FM15. Started unemployed, got the job at Barrow.

Went roughly as follows:

First season finished 10th. 

Second season finished 2nd, losing the title on the final day and lost in the playoff final.

Third season, same as above, but got promoted.

Fourth season playoff failure

Fifth season lost the title in the last couple of weeks.

Sixth season promoted to the Championship via playoffs.

After that I don't remember other than roughly mid table finishes for a season or two.

Holding onto first is a problem I still have now. On my City save I had one season where a win would get the title if 1st and 2nd lost, they did but so did I.

The following season I was 5 clear in January and came second (massive injury crisis)

That's a good effort right there. I haven't played seriously for years really, even though I buy it every year. Enjoying it now though. 

Archived