IGNORED

Samuel Armenteros

BCFC OF SWEDEN

7 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Samuel is in the swedish national team on tuesday! I think we made a big misstake not signing him when we had the chance last summer!

Think he made the right decisions to suit his career so kudos to the guy. 

Probably better off than he would've been if he joined us.

9 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

I think if he's good enough to play for Sweden (big win against France yesterday) and scoring 19 goals in the best League in Holland, he would have been good enough for the Championship!

C'mon mate,for every van nistlelrooy there are dozens of forwards who have banged goals in the Dutch top league who haven't cut the grade at even championship level,hardly a yard stick 

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 16:02, cidercity1987 said:

I seem to remember he wasn't signed as he was 'too similar to Agard'

Who was promptly sold a few weeks later 

Edit: In fact here is the direct quote, 'too similar to those already in the squad'

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fans-enjoy-open-training-session-in-la-manga-3198545.aspx

Too similar to Agard-Not in a lifetime! Maybe to similar to Tomlin.

On 10/06/2017 at 15:02, cidercity1987 said:

I seem to remember he wasn't signed as he was 'too similar to Agard'

Who was promptly sold a few weeks later 

Edit: In fact here is the direct quote, 'too similar to those already in the squad'

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fans-enjoy-open-training-session-in-la-manga-3198545.aspx

Agard wasnt here last summer

Edit- I'm wrong

Fair play. Good finish that. 

I’m so inclined to shout “Willem II” so loud to BCFC!! 

Really don’t know why the club don’t embrace the fan connections and build a relationship with the club. Mutual beneficiaries of detail of existing players, scouting networks, loan arrangements, friendlies, youth coaching etc etc. 

Numerous years on now and still silence. Oh what could’ve been. 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Awful defending though! 

Armenteros managed to run a wide circle in the time it took the defender to turn around like the proverbial oil tanker.

The goal will draw obvious comparisons to the Bergkamp one vs Newcastle about 15 years ago.

The Bergkamp one had a much better piece of skill, but the finish by Armenteros was very good.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Fair play. Good finish that. 

I’m so inclined to shout “Willem II” so loud to BCFC!! 

Really don’t know why the club don’t embrace the fan connections and build a relationship with the club. Mutual beneficiaries of detail of existing players, scouting networks, loan arrangements, friendlies, youth coaching etc etc. 

Numerous years on now and still silence. Oh what could’ve been. 

The club should at least be honest enough to say they are not interested.

I know for a fact willem officially approached the club in 2008 prior to the play off final. Willem board were told they needed to wait until after the play off final to discuss etc, no one from the club then decided to get back to willems board. 

38 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The club should at least be honest enough to say they are not interested.

I know for a fact willem officially approached the club in 2008 prior to the play off final. Willem board were told they needed to wait until after the play off final to discuss etc, no one from the club then decided to get back to willems board. 

You appear to know all the details, so you must be aware that their “official approach” was actually a post on Facebook..?! 

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You appear to know all the details, so you must be aware that their “official approach” was actually a post on Facebook..?! 

1 - I heard differently from someone connected to their board 

2 - why does it matter where their “official approach” came from? What’s the difference between emailing, and sending a message on Facebook? It’s the modern world, or would sending a fax be better?

I can’t remember the city official but a few years ago he put a message on Twitter I think, saying about someone who could speak Dutch as he was going to email willem. Again what is the difference?

It could have opened dialog between the two, but it’s blindenly obvious only willem are interested. 

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

2 - why does it matter where their “official approach” came from? What’s the difference between emailing, and sending a message on Facebook? It’s the modern world, or would sending a fax be better?

I can’t remember the city official but a few years ago he put a message on Twitter I think, saying about someone who could speak Dutch as he was going to email willem. Again what is the difference?

It could have opened dialog between the two, but it’s blindenly obvious only willem are interested. 

A professional club would more then likely ignore a facebook post requesting a friendly as its un-professional 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

A professional club would more then likely ignore a facebook post requesting a friendly as its un-professional 

They didn’t ignore it, if there was contact via Facebook. 

City said they would Contact and discuss after the play off final.

11 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

So a city official seeks out someone who can translate in to Dutch, to email them, but it’s only them that are interested..?!

I don’t think anyone bar a couple of hundred city fans could give 2 hoots about Willem. And then it’s a bit of banter and a drinking club, hardly any sort of official link, or even the basis of such. 

I would imagine that a friendly between the 2 clubs would hardly even be understood by the vast majority of fans and certainly not be attractive. 

And no, I wouldn’t class a Facebook post as an “official approach”! 

Archived