IGNORED

Eros Pisano - "Spotted" - Now Signed!

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Are 'daps' a Bristol phrase then? I never knew that.

Daps were either those cheap nasty white canvas things that had the red rubber trim around the sole or those cheap black things that had the elastic across the front instead of lacies (how do you spell the word for the piece of string in your shoes or trainers?)

Anything 'named' were trainers although I do call them 'daps' now & then to take the piss out of my 14 year-old daughter.

They don't know what daps are in Essex either. My old boss (retired last summer) was also from Bristol (sag), was quite funny when we got started :P

They also wondered what we were on about when we said about the snow pitching...

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I don't know if your post was a compliment or a well casted fishing line but I will take it as a compliment. :thumbsup:

Oh and it's Peg. Even though I have been known to squeal and roll in mud. But that's another story...

I'm so sorry Peg for my error.

The post was supposed to be a compliment as well. 

Septic Pig would be a great name for a thrash metal band though.

I'll do my best to call you Peg from now on!

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Not had many Italians here at all really, I think our involvement in the Anglo Italian cup was supposed to foster ties, but I seem to remember that only occurred at youth level. 

Jehad Muntasser. 

Libyan, and I don't think he actually played for our first team, so he fails on several fronts! However, he was brought up in Italy, on Atalanta's books from the age of 11, played for a string of Italian clubs before and since, so he's kind of half way there! And we're struggling to find anyone else!

Daps were the black rubber things we wore for PE at school. More commonly known as plimsolls, if you turned your foot to the right angle and dragged your foot across the floor, it would leave a massive mark on the school hall floor.

Happy memories.

Anything else were trainers. Apart from Converse Allstars which are "high tops". I love my Converse.

27 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I'm so sorry Peg for my error.

The post was supposed to be a compliment as well. 

Septic Pig would be a great name for a thrash metal band though.

I'll do my best to call you Peg from now on!

Lolz. Dont worry mate. I was only playing. Call me Pig if you like, I've had much worse! :thumbsup:

And agreed, Septic Pig would be a great metal band name. Although, it was always a joke that if me and my mates started a rock band, we'd be called "Nail Through My Penis".

Don't ask me why, copious amounts of alcohol have removed the reason for that choice from my brain! Lolz

Looking at his history, he seems to be relatively versatile. He's played most of his games at right back, but has also been utilised in right midfield before, as well as a handful of games as either a centre back or left back. To coin a hellish phrase, I can imagine him being "strong and stable", a large improvement on what we've had recently.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

To my knowledge Lorenzo Pinamonte is to date the only Italian to ever play for us in the league.

Though as you say De Girolamo (1 brief league cup appearance so far) would be another one if he does so.

"We may not have Di Stefano 

but we've got Johnny Atyeo"

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Daps were the black rubber things we wore for PE at school. More commonly known as plimsolls, if you turned your foot to the right angle and dragged your foot across the floor, it would leave a massive mark on the school hall floor.

Happy memories.

Anything else were trainers. Apart from Converse Allstars which are "high tops". I love my Converse.

What are these then? Bloody expensive daps IMHO.

6655-500-2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I prefer it this way. Give me a Converse any day of the week. Whippersnapper

This. Rock on, Cynic

I'm old enough now to have 'hand me downs' from my son. He outgrew a pair of trainers (not daps) so I had them. I was told I was 'well flash in my Nike 95's'. Like I give a sh*t. They're dead comfy and they're free, that'll do! ;)

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone have a pair of Puma Guillermo Vilas?

God yeah.

I used to wear a black Fred Perry as my school jumper roughly 83/84 - how much would that be worth now?

I chucked away more Fred Perrys, Converse, Adidas, Puma, Arrington Jackets etc that I dare to think about - would be worth a fortune now.

And don't even get me started on every Star Wars toy there was 

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

God yeah.

I used to wear a black Fred Perry as my school jumper roughly 83/84 - how much would that be worth now?

I chucked away more Fred Perrys, Converse, Adidas, Puma, Arrington Jackets etc that I dare to think about - would be worth a fortune now.

The saddest thing is the teenagers of today are wearing all this stuff again. My 14 year old has just ordered a Harrington and is forever nicking my Fred Perry stuff. 

1 hour ago, Taz said:

They don't know what daps are in Essex either. My old boss (retired last summer) was also from Bristol (sag), was quite funny when we got started :P

They also wondered what we were on about when we said about the snow pitching...

Tell me about it, forever trying to get the claws to speak proper. My MRs is from Essex , got to the point when her young niece ask me to say something in 'Bristol' so she can try and repeat it. 

46 minutes ago, Neo said:

God yeah.

And don't even get me started on every Star Wars toy there was 

Same here.....although for some reason my black FP looked brown!

Samba, Mamba, Bamba :whistle:

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Used to have a teacher at school named Dapper Davies - so named for his penchant to whack our arses with a dap, seemingly for bugger all reason.

Only just dawned on me the bloke must have been a pervert.

Wheres that call line number...

Did u turn out alright?

Archived