IGNORED

Eros Pisano - "Spotted" - Now Signed!

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Used to have a teacher at school named Dapper Davies - so named for his penchant to whack our arses with a dap, seemingly for bugger all reason.

Only just dawned on me the bloke must have been a pervert.

Wheres that call line number...

buggered if I know!!

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

The saddest thing is the teenagers of today are wearing all this stuff again. My 14 year old has just ordered a Harrington and is forever nicking my Fred Perry stuff. 

I gave my 14 year-old daughter my Harrington about 6 months ago after being out on a shopping trip & she started describing it & saying she wanted one, gave her mine & ordered a new one for myself & we're both now trapsing about in Adidas 'Superstars' although I do also have a brand new pair (never worn & had them for 6 months or so).

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What are these then? Bloody expensive daps IMHO.

6655-500-2.jpg

I'm old enough now to have 'hand me downs' from my son. He outgrew a pair of trainers (not daps) so I had them. I was told I was 'well flash in my Nike 95's'. Like I give a sh*t. They're dead comfy and they're free, that'll do! ;)

They be Vans mate. Just a branded trainer.

Same as these are DC's. 

Normally worn by 'Jitters' and 'Skaters' (not my descriptions!)

Seriously recommend a pair of DC's for anyone with painful feet. No inner soles required. They are like cushions. Amazing trainers.

dc-shoes-manteca-shoe.jpg

9 hours ago, tinman85 said:

I don't get why we are meeting a potential signing under the radar in a busy bar outside on a hot day in Bristol? Don't get me wrong glad there is some speculation but I think it's odd. Could lead other clubs onto us. 

No it wouldn't, it's no secret, the player has an agent, the agent would let every club he thought would be interested know that is client is looking for a move,

If his agent wasn't doing that then he should be sacked

9 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Daps in Melksham too. First thing my mum had to make for me to take to primary school was a Dap Bag. 

Ah the old dap bag,that brought back memories,and made I chuckle.

3 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Come in here to read developments on the player/situation yet I'm trawling through pages of whoppers chatting sh*te about white daps...

I came on here to read developments too, only to find the thread had been hijacked by posters moaning that not every post was about Pisano.

10 hours ago, Taz said:

They don't know what daps are in Essex either. My old boss (retired last summer) was also from Bristol (sag), was quite funny when we got started :P

They also wondered what we were on about when we said about the snow pitching...

In Nottingham and Derby bread rolls are ' cobs ' .

Just putting it out there because I know nothing about this transfer but everything about Daps . White ones were for the older kids as we had to clean them with whitener.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Just putting it out there because I know nothing about this transfer but everything about Daps . White ones were for the older kids as we had to clean them with whitener.

Please, keep on thread.... FFS ..... it's Dap whitener :yes:

Without sounding like a boring old git can we actually keep on topic?

Really annoying to want to read about this player and it become another thread going off topic. 

Could the mods clean this thread up and create a dap thread for the other conversation please? 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The plimsoll line clearly marked,I hope Major??

11 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What are these then? Bloody expensive daps IMHO.

6655-500-2.jpg

I'm old enough now to have 'hand me downs' from my son. He outgrew a pair of trainers (not daps) so I had them. I was told I was 'well flash in my Nike 95's'. Like I give a sh*t. They're dead comfy and they're free, that'll do! ;)

Skate shoes that are mostly worn my people that don't skate :laughcont:

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Are 'daps' a Bristol phrase then? I never knew that.

I remember my teenage daughter wanted a pair of vans, went right over my head until she came home with a pair of regulation black school bloody daps and a receipt for £58! They were bloody daps FFS! :grr:

They were daps when I was a kid too, Gloucestershire

12 hours ago, italian dave said:

Jehad Muntasser. 

Libyan, and I don't think he actually played for our first team, so he fails on several fronts! However, he was brought up in Italy, on Atalanta's books from the age of 11, played for a string of Italian clubs before and since, so he's kind of half way there! And we're struggling to find anyone else!

Excellent knowledge, gold star for Dave

11 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Daps were the black rubber things we wore for PE at school. More commonly known as plimsolls, if you turned your foot to the right angle and dragged your foot across the floor, it would leave a massive mark on the school hall floor.

Happy memories.

Anything else were trainers. Apart from Converse Allstars which are "high tops". I love my Converse.

Converse are the Kings of trainers. Got a right comfy pair of Nike's as well now though, think I've worn Converse for too long, suffer from not having a comfy sole nowadays!

10 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

But they're orphan daps!

They're the big boys we had to wear and they're proper daps, not Vans or Nike's Adidas just plain daps and I could take at least 1 second of a 100 yard sprint with those on and was even quicker when chasing the ice cream van

Archived