If he's a top man and its not Wilbraham it's Pisano

Etc etc.........

28 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

If you're hit from the back and it's not Marlon Pack it's Pisano

If he's playing mint and it's not Aden Flnt it's Pisano

If he's playing alright and it's not Bailey Wright it's Pisano

If he's a top man and its not Wilbraham it's Pisano

Etc etc.........

Think post copious amounts of cider tho R4L. Great effort though.

Pisano he's our Italiano

Pisano he's our Italiano

etc.

8 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Checked in to see any news....just pages of utter dross.

That's a tad unfair - I have learned a lot about other posters footwear.

Know your audience and adapt. Shoe in to be popular then. 

2 hours ago, class not gas said:

Hi Wurzel, please can you tell me how far Great Yarmouth is from Norwich airport,we are flying from Exeter for the match in Sept but staying in Yarmouth.

It Was about a half hour drive when I lived in Norwich, depending on traffic. Not 100% sure if the roads have changed since then though?

I'd say if you're staying in Yarmouth because it's a bit cheaper, then maybe look at paying the bit extra to stay in Norwich itself and save yourself a bit of money. 

Norwich is a nice place to be fair.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

BOOOOOOOO!

It's not like we have any football to talk about and I thought the 'dap' thing was quite funny as I'm stuck at home recuperating. 

Daps are not funny, I am old enough to remember wearing the things, and to be beaten by them by a sadistic teacher. Short trousers are not funny either not in the third year there not.

Hope you fell better soon.:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Daps are not funny, I am old enough to remember wearing the things, and to be beaten by them by a sadistic teacher. Short trousers are not funny either not in the third year there not.

Hope you fell better soon.:thumbsup:

Thanks 1BC. I too am old enough to remember a dap around the head, cane, ruler, strap etc. It certainly meant whatever you did, you made damn sure you didn't get caught again, bloody hurt though! 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks 1BC. I too am old enough to remember a dap around the head, cane, ruler, strap etc. It certainly meant whatever you did, you made damn sure you didn't get caught again, bloody hurt though! 

We had a right bastard of a maths teacher, ex sergeant major who could hit anyone he wanted in the class with a board rubber chucked from his desk. Bloody accurate he was and if you were lucky you could duck but he normally waited until you weren`t looking at him.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

We had a right bastard of a maths teacher, ex sergeant major who could hit anyone he wanted in the class with a board rubber chucked from his desk. Bloody accurate he was and if you were lucky you could duck but he normally waited until you weren`t looking at him.

Wasn't Frank Woodman was it? He left St Brendans for Hanham High and he was like Eric bloody Bristow with a board rubber! 

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Teacher training was much more intensive in bygone days. Accuracy in throwing a board rubber or a piece of chalk was the number one priority. Trainee teachers also had to give great thought as to which implement they would use to whack the pupils. This would typically be daps, table tennis bats, canes, lumps of wood etc. Ear twisting was also a skill that took a lot of practice but now seems to have been lost. 

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Did, and still do (Heritage Jagger). They've started making them again. 

Cost a ton, but worth every penney. 

And penny,,,,,,,,:facepalm:

Used to Thai Baht now....but bad mistake by me, hang my head in shame!

11 hours ago, Taz said:

It Was about a half hour drive when I lived in Norwich, depending on traffic. Not 100% sure if the roads have changed since then though?

I'd say if you're staying in Yarmouth because it's a bit cheaper, then maybe look at paying the bit extra to stay in Norwich itself and save yourself a bit of money. 

Norwich is a nice place to be fair.

Get down the Murderers in town! Nice pub. 

15 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Checked in to see any news....just pages of utter dross.

How can info on daps be dross as it's factual? What is really dross is the endless threads about players we are about to sign, none of whom we actually sign. Endless fake Twitter accounts and rumours started by agents 

Only on OTIB can a thread about an Italian footballer derail into a discussion about trainers and then further derail into a discussion about past corporal punishment in schools.

I love OTIB so much.

Fwiw, it was banned by the time I got to school. However, and I'm sure a few of you on here will know, I had a teacher known by the kids as 'Spitfire' as whenever she lost her shit with you, she'd spit all over you as she shouted.

Blige, that was nearly 30 years ago. I'm so old.

18 hours ago, class not gas said:

Hi Wurzel, please can you tell me how far Great Yarmouth is from Norwich airport,we are flying from Exeter for the match in Sept but staying in Yarmouth.

Hi mate.

Its around 30mins, the hardest part of the journey will be getting through Norwich as the airport is the wrong side of the city. The traffic here is as bad if not worse than Bristol! 

If you're coming from Yarmouth and returning there after the match I'd strongly recommend getting park and ride at Postwick as Saturday traffic is chaos.

49 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Thanks mate,if we leave Yarmouth quite early on Sat will we avoid the traffic and is there parking around by the ground,we won't have to worry about getting out after will just go for a beer while traffic dies down.

Yeah, the city doesn't really get busy with shoppers until around 1000. The nearest car park is Riverside and that'll afford you a quick exit to the road home. Plenty of places to eat for kids etc and very close to the away pub (complete Angler). After the game you can go in to the weatherspoons which is the closest pub to the ground but also the busiest - it is designated as a home fan pub so if you're in city colours the doormen won't let you in although it's very friendly 

Archived