IGNORED

Eros Pisano - "Spotted" - Now Signed!

16 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Why's mine a strange comment,we've got a past his prime defender on big wages who nobody's heard off it sounds just like Nicky hunt to me

How do you know he's on big wages?

How do you know he's past his prime - seen him play? Fair play if so but if not...

It's best not to jump to conclusions about footballers before seeing them play, in my experience

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You've clearly seen him play then. Why don't you enlighten the rest of us?

I have not but neither has anybody else on otib.As for being past his prime was it not the God of otib Gary Johnson who once said he would never sign a player over 30 then signed lee trundle.As for being on big wages,why else would he choose us if he's that good he would be in the prem.

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I have not but neither has anybody else on otib.As for being past his prime was it not the God of otib Gary Johnson who once said he would never sign a player over 30 then signed lee trundle.As for being on big wages,why else would he choose us if he's that good he would be in the prem.

Which goes for every single player we sign until we actually get to the Prem!!!

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

How do you know he's on big wages?

How do you know he's past his prime - seen him play? Fair play if so but if not...

It's best not to jump to conclusions about footballers before seeing them play, in my experience

I thought jumping to conclusions about footballers before seeing them play was one of OTIBS statutory rules.

On 21/06/2017 at 12:45, handsofclay said:

Had a word with a mate of mine in Italy who is based in Verona and is very, very knowledgeable on all things to do with football in that region and knows the players of Hellas Verona and Chievo inside out. Luca Toni even took soundings from him when he agreed to join Hellas Verona a few seasons ago. That is how highly he is regarded.

I asked him what his opinion of all this was and the opinion of Italians in general. He said that his opinion was in line with that of many Italians. They shouldn't be called pumps, sneakers or daps but scarpe da ginnastica.

What a magnificent post in the context of the thread this was.

Farewell Eros, and thanks for gifting us this gem of a thread.

On 29/06/2017 at 23:36, JamesBCFC said:

@Marina's Rolls Royce, how long is it a player gets before we have to decide if they are awful or not?

Often it's  before the ink is dry on the City contract 0- the awful ones that is.

Archived