IGNORED

Eros Pisano - "Spotted" - Now Signed!

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To my knowledge Lorenzo Pinamonte is to date the only Italian to ever play for us in the league.

Though as you say De Girolamo (1 brief league cup appearance so far) would be another one if he does so.

I had forgotten about Pinamonte until I was reminded earlier.

I'm not counting Chesterfield born De Girolamo though..

Not that it really matters. I just like the idea of having an Italian in the team.

3 hours ago, Flint says No said:

I would've loved to do work experience at Bristol City but I went to Bath City instead and it was still fantastic!

I did mine at Ham Green Hospital Medical Records Department. Boring as **** but I found out all sorts about people I knew ! 

I also learnt to smoke and drink coffee as you got extra breaks for those activities. Can't remember coming across any Italians but the only one I was interested in then was Sophia Loren and she would have been crap at Right Back. 

15 minutes ago, redapple said:

I did mine at Ham Green Hospital Medical Records Department. Boring as **** but I found out all sorts about people I knew ! 

I also learnt to smoke and drink coffee as you got extra breaks for those activities. Can't remember coming across any Italians but the only one I was interested in then was Sophia Loren and she would have been crap at Right Back. 

Why would you smoke coffee?

As someone who doesn't smoke anything or drink coffee, the thought of combining the two just sounds weird.  :whistle:

2 hours ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Would you not expect them to report on it. They get a lot of stick, most of it wholly justified, but I'd be more concerned if our local paper failed to report on an alleged sighting of a potential signing.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

My 14 year old wears Stan Smith's, or Stan's, as they appear to be called now

I think they look ******* awful

Am I getting old?

You're getting old. 

27 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I think the original tweet has now been deleted so if the kid was on work experience with city maybe they've had a word and asked him to take it down although I think that horse has now bolted. 

Bit unfair on the kid if so, after all, they weren`t exactly skulking in a corner and he didn`t bug a private office or anything. Half of South Bristol could have seen them chatting.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Totally off topic but this reminds me of a very embarrassing episode when on holiday in Jersey with my parents many decades ago when I was about 12.

I wanted some white daps and my dad gave me some dosh so I went into an independent shoe shop in St. Helier on the street where we were staying.

Me: Do you sell daps ?

Assistant: Stamps ? This is a shoe shop.

Me: I know its a shoe shop thats why I'm here.

Assistant: What is it you want ?

Me: Daps.

Assistant: We don't sell stamps.

Me: I want daps for my feet, white ones.

Assistant: Just a minute I'll get the manager.

Manager: Can I help you ?

Me: Yes, I want some daps - do you have any ?

Manager: Stamps ? This is a shoe shop.

Me: Forget it.

I genuinely thought that everyone, everywhere, called them daps. I think they thought I was Benny from Crossroads only with a speech impediment.

Mortifying at the time.

Fair play, that actually made me properly laugh.

11 minutes ago, cynic said:

Totally off topic but this reminds me of a very embarrassing episode when on holiday in Jersey with my parents many decades ago when I was about 12.

I wanted some white daps and my dad gave me some dosh so I went into an independent shoe shop in St. Helier on the street where we were staying.

Me: Do you sell daps ?

Assistant: Stamps ? This is a shoe shop.

Me: I know its a shoe shop thats why I'm here.

Assistant: What is it you want ?

Me: Daps.

Assistant: We don't sell stamps.

Me: I want daps for my feet, white ones.

Assistant: Just a minute I'll get the manager.

Manager: Can I help you ?

Me: Yes, I want some daps - do you have any ?

Manager: Stamps ? This is a shoe shop.

Me: Forget it.

I genuinely thought that everyone, everywhere, called them daps. I think they thought I was Benny from Crossroads only with a speech impediment.

Mortifying at the time.

Are 'daps' a Bristol phrase then? I never knew that.

I remember my teenage daughter wanted a pair of vans, went right over my head until she came home with a pair of regulation black school bloody daps and a receipt for £58! They were bloody daps FFS! :grr:

Archived