IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

Just now, Super said:

Is this going to be like us playing San Marino at football?

the irish will give us a good game so would the afgans,

but its more about expanding the number of test playing nations, It's always been a very closed shop, which isn't good for the sport,

It will also increase the funding these sides get in turn they will be able to improve, always good for the game

Afghanistan with that great young spinner, in typical subcontinental conditions... Wouldn't understimate the challenge that could pose.

Ireland- well conditions are more like ours, their players may not have the same x-Factor as Afghanistan (wouldn't surprise me if Afghanistan have flair like Pakistan tbh) but a lot of players with County experience, maybe Morgan, Rankin would go back. Yeah they could pose a challenge, could see with the right combo a tough batting line up.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Afghanistan with that great young spinner, in typical subcontinental conditions... Wouldn't understimate the challenge that could pose.

Ireland- well conditions are more like ours, their players may not have the same x-Factor as Afghanistan (wouldn't surprise me if Afghanistan have flair like Pakistan tbh) but a lot of players with County experience, maybe Morgan, Rankin would go back. Yeah they could pose a challenge, could see with the right combo a tough batting line up.

Rankin came back to play for us last year. I don't think there's much chance of Morgan coming back, although that would be great. This might attract more second generation guys to come over from England too.

I think we have some good players but have underachieved in the last couple of years. I suspect losing Simmons didn't help. Some of the guys who came through a few years ago need to step up. 

Really hope this isn't a token gesture and we will actually get some decent series rather than thrown the bone of an odd test every now and then.

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Well that was just like Somerset choke chasing a total!

Sacrificed the match by giving Livingstone a go, if it were a must win Morgan would have come in at 4 and it would have been a cruise. I know its never good to judge players on 1 game but Livingstone didn't show anything to think he could be an international T20 player. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

England - 'Everyone will get a game' and then don't give Overton a go all series, despite choosing to leave Morgan out so others get a game...? 

Thats a joke. Why say that everyone will get a game?

Just now, Super said:

Thats a joke. Why say that everyone will get a game?

Because apparently it was their intention initially, they've played 4/5 uncapped players but probably looked at the pitch today and decided against Overton. Jordan bowled like a sack of **** last game so why not give Craig a go? 

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

I really cannot understand why they didn't play COVE at Taunton instead of Livingstone; it is his home ground, after all.

Livingstone being a batter may be one? But yeah, Plunkett, Willey or Jordan could have sat out