IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

2 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

He also said he's not a bowler which must be very disconcerting for the player himself, who was under the illusion he was  in actual fact a bowler...

Does anyone other than Eoin Morgan consider him an all-rounder in the mould of Stokes etc? My impression was that he's a bowler whose batting is respectable enough, ala Jordan, Willey etc rather than a genuine all-rounder.

• Like 2

Difficult call about that Jennings decision, with the fact he's been given out the ball only has to flick the stump for it to stay out, so I don't think you can really blame Jennings for not reviewing it. If it had clipped fractionally he'd probably have got done for wasting a review instead. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Cook has been in incredible form for Essex this season.  I think this pitch is a typical lords one with a bit of mischief early on first day.  

Agree have seen him destroy Somerset twice this season both times with relative ease

He will still come good

Just now, Tomarse said:

Cook has been in incredible form for Essex this season.  I think this pitch is a typical lords one with a bit of mischief early on first day.  

Playing for your county and playing international test cricket are vastly different. The theme of the last few years of England's test team has been how our lower middle order and tail-enders have saved us. The Aussies will have a field day if we keep getting 20-2 or 30-3 as we so regularly do. 

49 minutes ago, hodge said:

Difficult call about that Jennings decision, with the fact he's been given out the ball only has to flick the stump for it to stay out, so I don't think you can really blame Jennings for not reviewing it. If it had clipped fractionally he'd probably have got done for wasting a review instead. 

The fact that the ball pitched outside leg should be something a batsman is aware of & once you know it's pitched outside leg you appeal all day long because you're not out, end of!! Irrelevant if it's clipping the wickets or smashing them all over the place.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

The fact that the ball pitched outside leg should be something a batsman is aware of & once you know it's pitched outside leg you appeal all day long because you're not out, end of!! Irrelevant if it's clipping the wickets or smashing them all over the place.

It was half a seam from being inline, in the split second Jennings had to react to the ball its very hard for him to know that its pitched half a seam outside the line, all the ball had to do with be a fraction further over and hit the stump by the smallest amount and he'd have stayed out. Blame if anything lies with Ballance as he should have given him the biggest indication.