IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

300 or so ahead & we should be okay, we only need another 20 or so & that should give us plenty of time to rattle them out.

The wicket is causing all sorts of problems, it won't be easy for South Africa.

This is exactly how I think test match cricket should be, not this boring cricket on dead wickets where both teams score 600+ in both innings. There's actually a bit of excitement to be had.

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Shane Warne just announced `more width to De Cock`.

:blush:

Where as Gower just declared to the world that length is key.

Anyway, the lesser of two collapses on a bowler's pitch has won the day.

Good to see some spin from England!

• Like 1

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Sounds great but we have only played them at Lord`s six times since then and not at all between 1965 and 1994!

Haha !

Nuff said !

Our test record at Lords is frustrating though. I go back to the Windies when they had Curtly bloody Ambrose and Courtney Walsh. Nailed on home defeat every bloody time !

• Like 1

Well that was great. Wow.

Very interesting 4th day that- listened on TMS as usual, excellent. Funnily enough on Friday I was planning going up Day 5, thought it may have gone the distance but that's a great result. This SA...seem to lack the vintage of past SA, Smith, De Villers and Gibbs to name 3 in the batting. Steyn injured also but still take nothing away- that afternoon was stunning.

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well that was great. Wow.

Very interesting 4th day that- listened on TMS as usual, excellent. Funnily enough on Friday I was planning going up Day 5, thought it may have gone the distance but that's a great result. This SA...seem to lack the vintage of past SA, Smith, De Villers and Gibbs to name 3 in the batting. Steyn injured also but still take nothing away- that afternoon was stunning.

Their captain (Du Plessis) was also missing at late notice, so no knowing how much of an affect that had on them as a team.

Hence the reason why I stuck a wedge on England to win.

But Du Plessis is back now although rather ridiculously they will lose Rabada for the 2nd test.

19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The batsman that should get dropped is Duminy, however because of their quota system he'll almost certainly retain his place, especially now that Rabada is out.

Duminy may well get dropped as they have Du Plessis to come back in & he certainly won't be a straight swap for Rabada, so a batsman will need to make way, I'd also be surprised if De Kock wasn't moved up the order.

35 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Their captain (Du Plessis) was also missing at late notice, so no knowing how much of an affect that had on them as a team.

Hence the reason why I stuck a wedge on England to win.

But Du Plessis is back now although rather ridiculously they will lose Rabada for the 2nd test.

Forgot about him.

Think we will win this series- unsure when we last beat SA in England Test series, feels like a while? Should be a close series though still.

Looking at SA too, it's ironic that they've finally found a useful or at least passable spinner- but lost a large wedge of batting strength that could set it up for him to take advantage. A bit like when India finally found decent pacers, their great batting side was aging together.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Forgot about him.

Think we will win this series- unsure when we last beat SA in England Test series, feels like a while? Should be a close series though still.

Looking at SA too, it's ironic that they've finally found a useful or at least passable spinner- but lost a large wedge of batting strength that could set it up for him to take advantage. A bit like when India finally found decent pacers, their great batting side was aging together.

Their spinner (Marhuraj (sp)) has scored a couple of first class centuries.

I think batting first was a huge advantage in this test but you're right, it should be a close series but we are playing with great belief which is great to see.