IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Fair play to them. England will rightly be criticised but that should take nothing away from a brilliant performance. 

Absolutely. A proper test match for once and probably the best thing that could have happened for the series, can`t wait for Lord`s now.

A wake up call for England too which we probably needed - we were beginning to believe our own hype a bit too much.

I did feel for Joe Root though, he looked a broken man towards the end.

• Admin

Not many of the pundits and ex players complaining about the declaration, dropped catches and bowlers having an off day put the mockers on winning it, I hope it doesn't deter him from being positive in future, it was better for cricket that the match didn't fade out into a boring draw, curtailed by bad light (I reckon they might have been off for the light, had it not been for the situation).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not many of the pundits and ex players complaining about the declaration, dropped catches and bowlers having an off day put the mockers on winning it, I hope it doesn't deter him from being positive in future, it was better for cricket that the match didn't fade out into a boring draw, curtailed by bad light (I reckon they might have been off for the light, had it not been for the situation).

Floodlights had been on all day.

18 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

I thought my £20 was lost last night, might have a beer now :)

That was a bit like the football team at times, not putting in the top rate performance when required. England are a couple of top order batsmen and another spinner short of being a very good side.

We have Mason Crane who I am very excited about, getting him in the team is a problem though.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely the right call. 

The test was lost when England failed to reach 300+ in the first innings.

I wouldn't say so, more often than not you'd back England in the position they started today just the bowling and fielding really wasn't up to standard. Particularly the test wasn't 'lost' in that England could have batted on till they were all out and killed the test taking a 1-0 lead into the final test ensuring we couldn't lose the series. 

6 hours ago, hodge said:

I wouldn't say so, more often than not you'd back England in the position they started today just the bowling and fielding really wasn't up to standard. Particularly the test wasn't 'lost' in that England could have batted on till they were all out and killed the test taking a 1-0 lead into the final test ensuring we couldn't lose the series. 

When the declaration was made the Windies were demoralised having seen their first inns lead overtaken by such a large margin. With just a few overs left in the days play the last thing the two openers would wanted was to face the new ball.

Unfortunately for England they both survived the attack from Broad and Anderson. Had just one wicket fell we might have seen a different result yesterday.

No way was Root at fault foe declaring when he did,

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When the declaration was made the Windies were demoralised having seen their first inns lead overtaken by such a large margin. With just a few overs left in the days play the last thing the two openers would wanted was to face the new ball.

Unfortunately for England they both survived the attack from Broad and Anderson. Had just one wicket fell we might have seen a different result yesterday.

No way was Root at fault foe declaring when he did,

Root pushed his luck going for a win in a game that they never deserved to win, he should have batted on and made the game safe, it was a piss poor call.