IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

Overall good day for England overall, could be a wash out tomorrow but Saturday looks decent weather, given Windies low score this could easily now be a 4 day game so the rain may not be such a big factor. Stokes, Malan, Bairstow and Ali could easily add a decent amount and build a bit of a lead in the sun on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Ben Stokes takes 6 wickets then has a higher score than the top 5 combined. On his day he is simply superb and is the sole reason I feel we won't get whitewashed again, though almost certainly lose the series down under. Our top order as a whole is simply embarrassing

Could easily bat him 4 or 5.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Easier conditions. Sunshine, tiring bowlers and the freedom to  go for their shots.

You could also add that the ball wasn't new either. But the fact still remains that five men, two of whom are among the worlds elite, who's job it is to bat, failed to score as many as the two worst batsmen on the team. Conditions or no conditions, indefensible. 

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

You could also add that the ball wasn't new either. But the fact still remains that five men, two of whom are among the worlds elite, who's job it is to bat, failed to score as many as the two worst batsmen on the team. Conditions or no conditions, indefensible. 

I can't agree with you there WttJ. Your comments are very harsh imv.

All top batsmen fail at times and yesterday the conditions were ideal for bowling. Both teams struggled to cope with the swinging ball.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I can't agree with you there WttJ. Your comments are very harsh imv.

All top batsmen fail at times and yesterday the conditions were ideal for bowling. Both teams struggled to cope with the swinging ball.

My issue being that it is all the time our top order fails. If Broad and Anderson had made 100 between them then you could understand. But they didn't. They made 46 and our top order made 40...an average of 8.  

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

My issue being that it is all the time our top order fails. If Broad and Anderson had made 100 between them then you could understand. But they didn't. They made 46 and our top order made 40...an average of 8.  

England's top order has been fragile for ages. Finding an opener to partner Cook has been a 'mare. The only other world class batsman is Root who likes to come in at 4 so positions 2 and 3 are where the weaknesses are. But.....England do bat way down the order which kinda compensates for the fragile top order.

Bairstow and Stokes are capable in the middle order with Moeen after them. Not a bad line up.