IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Rumour is that Broad misses out and Archer and Wood both play.

I wouldn't be surprised if Broad misses out here, then plays 2 straight and Anderson plays here, misses 2nd test and plays 3rd

• Like 1

Ed Smith says we're looking at strength in depth for our ODI series with Ireland, no Pat Brown? Not easy to pick an XI there

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) captain, Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Henry Brookes (Warwickshire), Brydon Carse (Durham), Tom Curran (Surrey), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire), Laurie Evans (Sussex), Richard Gleeson (Lancashire), Lewis Gregory (Somerset), Sam Hain (Warwickshire), Tom Helm (Middlesex), Liam Livingstone (Lancashire), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Matthew Parkinson (Lancashire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Phil Salt (Sussex), Reece Topley (Surrey), James Vince (Hampshire), David Willey (Yorkshire)

1. Roy
  2. Bairstow
  3. Hain
  4. Morgan
  5. Banton
  6. Ali
  7. Gregory
  8. Curran
  9. Willey
  10. Rashid
  11. Topley

15 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The weather is supposed to be better for the next 3 days.

England have picked the wrong team on the wrong pitch and chosen the wrong option at the toss.

Other than that it's going swimmingly.

Fairly obvious Broad should be in.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Super said:

Fairly obvious Broad should be in.

My only justification for his dropping was whether he's fit enough to play so many games after a long spell with no matches. 

As a result he could be better suited for other pitches and a few extra days to tune his fitness? 

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

My only justification for his dropping was whether he's fit enough to play so many games after a long spell with no matches. 

As a result he could be better suited for other pitches and a few extra days to tune his fitness? 

I thought they said Old Trafford favours pace so i doubt he will play there unless he gets in for Jimmy.

He said the justification was wanting to go with Archer/Wood as a quicker attack, Anderson then seemingly preferred option of a bowler with a bit less pace.

For me this pitch needed Anderson, Woakes, Broad. Wonder how much the team saw of the pitch in the build up compared to normal.

• Like 1