IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Should've been allowed to open this series, whats the benefit to Roy/Bairstow having played this series? Would've thought Bairstow playing for Yorkshire may have been better to try and show red ball form, potentially same for Roy if there was any thought he could play red ball again.

I S'pose the thinking was get us off to a great start so the youngsters following have less pressure. 

Agree about Bairstow/Roy, final total 275?

For me Moeen Ali would be done at international level, 33 years old and won't be in our next world cup squad we spent 4 years preparing for it and that's why we were ready, the difference for Rashid being a year younger is he still wins games by himself with the ball. I'd rather we focused on a younger 2nd spinner to be ready.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Oh come on, we had barely any of our first choice XI playing - no Stokes, Root, Butler, Plunkett, Woakes, Wood or Archer 

We beat them comfortably in the other two games 

This was there second side as well and the other two games could have gone there way we have laboured all series very poor 

• Admin
2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

That's a hell of a win from an Ireland team that are still in transition. I think that only Kevin O'Brien is left from the 2007 team. Chasing 329 against England in England is no mean feat. 

Fully deserved victory from Ireland, I hate to admit I thought England were going to win by 100+ runs after our innings

Some of the death bowling and fielding from the England side mind was woeful, and no doubt a few players did more harm than good for squads for tournaments in the future

• Like 1