IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If India complete the chase inside the next ten overs, it’s the shortest test match since the Second World War. 

But nah the pitch is fine, if India had gone on to make 250-300 I think there could have been a point of it just being poor English batting/application but India being bowled out for 140 odd? 

1 minute ago, TomF said:

If we'd have opened the bowling with Root & Leach quite possible we'd have got them out for sub 100.  

Is the last test here? Call in some of the spinners on stand by and just play a 5 spinner attack, Bess, Leach, Root and pick 2 of  Virdi, Crane and Parkinson. Stokes can be the lone seamer.  

23 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Interesting point by Hughes about the difference between the red and pink ball 

I missed that - what is the difference?

I know there’s a difference between a Kookaburra and a Duke but surely  a cricket ball of the same makes is a cricket ball and colour irrelevant? 

The pitch was undeniably way way below whats acceptable, but that was pathetic from England.

Poor team selection - 3 seam bowlers + Stokes and only one recognised spinner, Archer batting at eight. How many England batsmen got out with straight on deliveries ? Bad batting and they capitulated. Bairstow should not be in at number 3, and i suspect he may not be playing Test Match cricket for too much longer - keep him for T20/One day. England should know now what pitches will be prepared for the rest of the series - the BCCI should be ashamed -  "Anything to win India" - its not like they need any advantage really is it?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know there’s a difference between a Kookaburra and a Duke but surely  a cricket ball of the same makes is a cricket ball and colour irrelevant? 

To make the pink ball they have to apply extra lacquer to it, this means when the ball lands on one of its sides it skids more/quicker/longer than the red ball which has worn away, could explain some of the straight non turning LBW's if the batters are also being rushed into shots and the get made fools of the ones which grip and turn and are a bit slower.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I caught a bit of this. Something to do with different coating on the pink ball and the amount of time it stays quite shiny, making it skid on quite a lot when the shiny part rather than the seam hits the ground.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

To make the pink ball they have to apply extra lacquer to it, this means when the ball lands on one of its sides it skids more/quicker/longer than the red ball which has worn away, could explain some of the straight non turning LBW's if the batters are also being rushed into shots and the get made fools of the ones which grip and turn and are a bit slower.

Shows how much I know - I assumed that the leather was dyed to the appropriate colour prior to producing the ball.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Take away how it was intended as that’s obvious

banter or disrespectful? Swap it being a male player tweeting about the women’s team and I can’t see it going down to well whereas if this hadn’t been called out no one would have noticed 

0D14A8A4-4505-4C89-A413-D6EC50C5D222.jpeg

People would be calling for Burns to be dropped. 

34 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Clearly a joke that Burns has taken the wrong way, however imagine the meltdown if it was the other way round, Twitter would be demanding he never plays again. 

Precisely my interpretation - AH is taking the (friendly) piss out of her fellow England cricketer.

For what it is worth, I considered her comment quite funny, and it is perhaps unfortunatet that RB could not have retorted with a witty comment of his own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Take away how it was intended as that’s obvious

banter or disrespectful? Swap it being a male player tweeting about the women’s team and I can’t see it going down to well whereas if this hadn’t been called out no one would have noticed 

0D14A8A4-4505-4C89-A413-D6EC50C5D222.jpeg

Burns a little bit tender after being dropped for the 3rd test after only 58 runs in 4 innings in 2 test matches.  Can't take the banter!

17 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

The pitch was undeniably way way below whats acceptable, but that was pathetic from England.

Poor team selection - 3 seam bowlers + Stokes and only one recognised spinner, Archer batting at eight. How many England batsmen got out with straight on deliveries ? Bad batting and they capitulated. Bairstow should not be in at number 3, and i suspect he may not be playing Test Match cricket for too much longer - keep him for T20/One day. England should know now what pitches will be prepared for the rest of the series - the BCCI should be ashamed -  "Anything to win India" - its not like they need any advantage really is it?

Root a part time spinner, took five wickets. Truth is the pitch was a disgrace, should be officially called and and given demerit points. This was not a test pitch, the whole match lasted just four sessions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackbird1 said:

Root a part time spinner, took five wickets. Truth is the pitch was a disgrace, should be officially called and and given demerit points. This was not a test pitch, the whole match lasted just four sessions.

Absolutely right. Can test countries be awarded demerit point tho? Surely India will say that as the home team they produced wickets that suite their strengths 

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Surely India will say that as the home team they produced wickets that suite their strengths 

How much of an advantage do they want to give themselves? They have betters spinners, and their batsmen play spin better. They have truly world class players. Its so much in their favour anyway, that to produce a pitch like that is akin to match fixing

Edited by TonyTonyTony
  • Like 1