IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right. Can test countries be awarded demerit point tho? Surely India will say that as the home team they produced wickets that suite their strengths 

Yes I believe they can happened to SA 2019. The site of sweeping the crease area into a dustpan was shocking. They have a wonderful stadium and a farcical pitch, shameless by India, needs investigating.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

How much of an advantage do they want to give themselves? They have betters spinners, and their batsmen play spin better. They have truly world class players. Its so much in their favour anyway, that to produce a pitch like that is akin to match fixing

I agree but every test playing nations do something similar..

That said this pitch was virtually impossible to bat on, both Cook and Strauss said that but stayed short of actually accusing India of any wrongdoing.

Test match wickets should be prepared to off equal help to both the bowlers and the batsman and why they’re called Test matches and that was definitely not the case here.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I agree but every test playing nations do something similar..

That said this pitch was virtually impossible to bat on, both Cook and Strauss said that but stayed short of actually accusing India of any wrongdoing.

Test match wickets should be prepared to off equal help to both the bowlers and the batsman and why they’re called Test matches and that was definitely not the case here.

Yes the idea is have a pitch that helps seamers, pace, initially, and then spin on about the third or fifth day, not the first session. That was never a test match pitch. Would have been better on coconut matting.

• Like 1

Reading the BBC cricket site all the writers are up in arms about the wicket. Agnew bemoaning that showing live test cricket on free to air was poor viewing in a time when the cricket profile needs uplifting

Teams can deducted points for preparing a pitch that doesn’t last but the ICC are sitting on their hands..

I would provide a link but I can’t get it to work!

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

Reading the BBC cricket site all the writers are up in arms about the wicket. Agnew bemoaning that showing live test cricket on free to air was poor viewing in a time when the cricket profile needs uplifting

Teams can deducted points for preparing a pitch that doesn’t last but the ICC are sitting on their hands..

I would provide a link but I can’t get it to work!

What amazes me is the lack of còment from the English camp, maybe because it's India and the volatile nature over there they are being quiet, however something needs to be done for the sake of Test Match cricket. Not everyone appreciates limited over cricket IPL, and now the ridiculous 100, 5 day tests will be a thing of the past unless we stamp out this cheating.

• Like 1