IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

43 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Safe to say Bracey will never ever play for England again. 

9DCF76A3-5ACA-4982-ADDB-2F9E6F80E328.jpeg

Think its safe to say it probably kills his career with the gloves for England as by the time Buttler/Bairstow/Foakes are all out the picture a new glovesman could quite easily have emerged, but if he gets his head down and scores runs at county level could see him getting a call back as a batter, England have often struggled at 3 over the years and if he can score runs there it would be a bonus. Having said that I think Tom Abell would be a better shout, no bias of course ?

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

We need a thorough reexamination of our red ball cricket like we did with white ball in preparation for the World Cup cycle 

Sadly test cricket has been pushed into the margins by the ECB. We're probably getting what they want, an exciting new format to enjoy....

• Like 2

Right, players who need binning off

Sibley, Pope, Crawley, Bracey - send them back to county cricket to hit runs. We all know IPL players will come back in but at the current rate I'd be looking at this for India

1. Burns
  2. Libby (Worcestershire)
  3. Abell (Somerset)
  4. Root
  5. Lawrence (saved only by his first innings)
  6. Stokes
  7. Buttler
  8. Woakes/Robinson (1 game suspension, this test, should be enough) 
  9. Leach
  10. Broad
  11. Anderson
Edited by Lrrr

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

76/7, Root gone. This could be over tonight at this rate. Can they play on after the scheduled close of play if there`s a chance of a result?

Yup extra half hour if there's a genuine chance of a result

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Right, players who need binning off

Sibley, Pope, Crawley, Bracey - send them back to county cricket to hit runs. We all know IPL players will come back in but at the current rate I'd be looking at this for India

1. Burns
  2. Libby (Worcestershire)
  3. Abell (Somerset)
  4. Root
  5. Lawrence (saved only by his first innings)
  6. Stokes
  7. Buttler
  8. Woakes/Robinson (1 game suspension, this test, should be enough) 
  9. Leach
  10. Broad
  11. Anderson

Hameed for Libby and that'd do for me.

It won't for the selectors, obviously.

Edited by Northern Red

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Hameed for Libby and that'd do for me.

It won't for the selectors, obviously.

Went for Libby based off this season 774 runs at 64.67 vs Hameed's 515 at 44.18. Personally I think Hameed should be allowed a full season of county cricket to see if he can keep the runs flowing, if he came in and suffered it would knock him back again.

Thinking about it though the India series is when the hundred is on, have the ECB said what will be happening selection wise? They made such a noise about the best England players playing in the hundred

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Went for Libby based off this season 774 runs at 64.67 vs Hameed's 515 at 44.18. Personally I think Hameed should be allowed a full season of county cricket to see if he can keep the runs flowing, if he came in and suffered it would knock him back again.

Thinking about it though the India series is when the hundred is on, have the ECB said what will be happening selection wise? They made such a noise about the best England players playing in the hundred

Last I saw was that they'll be available for some of the hundred but not anything that clashes with the Tests.