IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

• Admin
11 hours ago, TomF said:

I wouldn't tar India just by social media to be fair.  Going to the ICC Champions Trophy Final in 2014 (I think!) - the India fans actually at the ground were wonderful, friendly and proper fanatic. Even though England lost that day it was made more enjoyable being around them all. Walked out the ground when England blew up shaking and congratulating many of them in our row of seats. 

Went to a test v India at the Oval, the Indian fans around us were great, they’d brought a huge picnic of Indian  street type food and shared it quite freely, we repaid them with beer.

Went to cricket today on a rolled over ticket from Eng v Australia last summer. 

Shall not be returning to anything there for a while. 
Toilet provision awful for a known attendance. 15-30 minute queues for them. 

When rolling over ticket from 2020 to 2021 (ie not enforcing a refund) we were  promised a £10 voucher to spend in the ground. Two days before they changed this to a £10 ticketmaster credit on future games. Without discussion. 

Can’t help the weather - although abandoning the game at 4pm when it was sunny not much later and bone dry outside by 530 suggests the ground itself just isn’t cut out for hosting anything with ambition. 

All in a “meh” experience

42 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

When rolling over ticket from 2020 to 2021 (ie not enforcing a refund) we were  promised a £10 voucher to spend in the ground. Two days before they changed this to a £10 ticketmaster credit on future games. Without discussion. 

Can’t help the weather - although abandoning the game at 4pm when it was sunny not much later and bone dry outside by 530 suggests the ground itself just isn’t cut out for hosting anything with ambition. 

Taunton really should be given more of a chance then it gets, I know its a small capacity but it provides good pitches

• Admin

Following PCR tests administered yesterday (Monday)  in Bristol, The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) can confirm that seven members -  three players and four management team members- of the England Men's ODI party have tested positive for COVID-19. 

In collaboration with Public Health England, Public Health Wales and Bristol Local Health Authority, those impacted will now observe a period of self-isolation from July 4 following the UK Government's protocol on quarantine.

The remaining members of the party have been deemed close contacts and will also isolate. 

The ECB have confirmed the Royal London ODIs and the Vitality IT20s against Pakistan will go ahead. Ben Stokes will return to England duties and captain the squad – which will be named in the next few hours.  

Incoming squad and support team members will follow PCR tests and bridging protocols to ensure safe entry to camp. 

Tom Harrison, Chief Executive Officer, commented: ‘‘We have been mindful that the emergence of the Delta variant, along with our move away from the stringent enforcement of bio secure environments, could increase the chances of an outbreak. We made a strategic choice to try to adapt protocols, in order to support the overall wellbeing of our players and management staff who have spent much of the last 14 months living in very restricted conditions.

Overnight we have worked swiftly to identify a new squad, and we are grateful to Ben Stokes who will return to England duties to Captain. We also recognise the impact this news will have on our First Class Counties and their Men’s playing squads and thank them, along with our partners Sky and Royal London, for their ongoing support in dealing with this pandemic.’’

On 04/07/2021 at 20:15, tommy_b said:

How do we get this £10 ticketmaster thing? I remember the £10 voucher but that seemed to conveniently be forgotten?

Not ideal on Sunday when I think they could have had a T20 game at 6pm when it dried up.

31 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Can't be long until the squad is announced or it would surely be obvious whose been called up if they're not playing for their counties today

England squad for ODI series v Pakistan.
Ben Stokes, Jake Ball, Danny Briggs, Brydon Carse, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Lewis Gregory, Tom Helm, Will Jacks, Dan Lawrence, Saqib Mahmood, Dawid Malan, Craig Overton, Matt Parkinson, David Payne, Phil Salt,
John Simpson, James Vince

Obviously I don’t want anyone getting covid but I’m going to the game and looking forward to seeing some new players in the flesh now. 

18 players in squad for 3 games, odds Craig and Lewis don’t play any game? I know it’s full internationals but feel each player in that squad should play at least 1 game because of the situation. 

Yeah no way back to the England squad for Hales if he can’t get in this squad. 

can the other isolating England players do the 5 day test and release? 

Broad just pointed this out on social media, good luck for the next 48 hours for the Pakistan analyst who’d probably prepared tactical plans for the entire England squad now has to go looking at some obscure county players they’ve probably never heard of ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Absolute shit show from England, if anything it should have been postponed. If you've paid top dollar to tickets to watch this.. to then find out its effectively an England Lions mash up is a joke

I’m happy with it. Get to see some new players. Would be a lot more peeved if it had been cancelled 

It’s a rarity, but I don’t think the ECB should be criticised for this. 

As someone that has tickets to two of the games, thanks to rollovers from last summer, I would much prefer watching an England B team, that still has some very good players in it, play Pakistan than to have another thing cancelled.

Selfishly though of course I’d rather Craig and Lewis were left to play the much more important games for Somerset!

• Like 1