IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not according to google!

Not an official site then….

57 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Yep, can see that now. So no players affected and all passed PCR tests, just backroom staff. So India can actually field a team, they just don't want to....right, thanks for the series win, we're off to the IPL, see ya!

17 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Potential Indian Shithousery, get a ‘Covid case’, cancel test match, win series 

Called it 

Lots of conspiracy theories being discussed on TalkSport including the IPL contract theory. Apparently the test will be rescheduled…………:cool2:……umm……..when will that be?

Huge financial implications as well and the Indians getting some fearful criticism - they apparently didn’t want the fifth test match originally and now they’re claiming that they can’t raise a side because of covid - utter bullocks. Kohli getting the finger pointing right at him.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Kevin Pietersen

@KP24

England left the tour of SA for Covid scares & cost CSA plenty, so don’t go pointing fingers!

That was pre-vaccine 

However, I really don't have an issue with Indian players not wanting to play this game in case they have picked up COVID.  They may well test positive in the next 48 hours and the IPL is extremely important, whether we like it or not.  But, they do just need to forfeit this test match.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I agree that after Jim White the station is utter crap. I only listen between 10am and 1pm when he and Simon Jordan are on.

Jim White's show is the worst of them all for me. 

• Haha 1

Tom Harrison talking calmly with a lot of sense

Tom Harrison, boss of the ECB, is being interviewed on Sky. “It wasn’t an outbreak of Covid,” he says, contradicting the BCCI statement. “It was the perception of what might happen post the [Indian] physio testing positive.”

But he is not unsympathetic, and he sees this as part of the broader picture of needing to look after the players’ mental health.

“Once you’ve got that sense of concern and anxiety in a dressing room, and we’ve been in this place before ourselves [in South Africa], it can be very difficult to reverse that. And I think fans do understand this now because we’ve been talking about it for a while. The physical and mental health of players, they’re as important as each other.”

I dont think the mass scepticism we have seen this morning is very helpful really.  These players have their families with them as well as far as I understand.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Tom Harrison, boss of the ECB, is being interviewed on Sky. “It wasn’t an outbreak of Covid,” he says, contradicting the BCCI statement. “It was the perception of what might happen post the [Indian] physio testing positive.”

But he is not unsympathetic, and he sees this as part of the broader picture of needing to look after the players’ mental health.

“Once you’ve got that sense of concern and anxiety in a dressing room, and we’ve been in this place before ourselves [in South Africa], it can be very difficult to reverse that. And I think fans do understand this now because we’ve been talking about it for a while. The physical and mental health of players, they’re as important as each other.”

I dont think the mass scepticism we have seen this morning is very helpful really.  These players have their families with them as well as far as I understand.  

What absolute bollox

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Sorry, but given that they were trying back in May to get it moved or cancelled, the scepticism is perfectly understandable.

Harrison is undoubtedly trying to maintain good relations with the BCCI, but he must surely appreciate why people are cynical.

Edited by Northern Red