IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

Just now, TomF said:

Imagine my shock.  The Indian fans on social media attacking English press and making dupe accounts calling people like Lizzy Ammon a slag etc just about sums them up. Worse than the gas 

It’s just so bloody obvious, I mean no Covid case I expect India would have been committed to the test but it’s a great excuse to take advantage of 

Sky Sports' Director of Cricket Bryan Henderson has denied reports that West Indies legend Michael Holding has retired from commentary.

Reports surfaced on Wednesday claiming that Holding had decided to retire from broadcasting after spending more than 20 years as part of Sky's acclaimed cricket coverage.

However, Henderson was quick to refute these claims, responding to a tweet about Holding's retirement and writing: "It's not true"

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Sky Sports' Director of Cricket Bryan Henderson has denied reports that West Indies legend Michael Holding has retired from commentary.

Reports surfaced on Wednesday claiming that Holding had decided to retire from broadcasting after spending more than 20 years as part of Sky's acclaimed cricket coverage.

However, Henderson was quick to refute these claims, responding to a tweet about Holding's retirement and writing: "It's not true"

I hope that is correct.

Michael Holding is an excellent commentator and very insightful.

Moeen announcing retirement from tests.

Really pisses me off this one - we keep going cap in hand to him when alternates (Leach) who are better spinners are available, and he doesn’t justify his place as a batter. Now he’s retiring - the ashes issue acknowledged here, but it smacks of shit planning by England. They’ve basically called him back in for limited benefit over a limited time and stunted the long term growth of the side.

Bumble not impressed with the ashes squad ?

"To say that I was surprised when I saw the squad England had picked to go to Australia would be an understatement — I was absolutely flabbergasted. They've picked a team of blockers, medium-pacers and short finger-spinners. You don't exactly need to be a student of the game to know how that ends in Australia."

4 hours ago, Super said:

Bumble not impressed with the ashes squad ?

"To say that I was surprised when I saw the squad England had picked to go to Australia would be an understatement — I was absolutely flabbergasted. They've picked a team of blockers, medium-pacers and short finger-spinners. You don't exactly need to be a student of the game to know how that ends in Australia."

I am equally as baffled.  Silverwood doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing. 

The England Lions squad which will tour Australia and provide cover for the main squad has been announced:

Tom Abell (Somerset), Josh Bohannon (Lancashire), James Bracey (Gloucestershire), Brydon Carse (Durham), Mason Crane (Hampshire), Matthew Fisher (Yorkshire), Ben Foakes (Surrey), Alex Lees (Durham), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Liam Norwell (Warwickshire), Matt Parkinson (Lancashire), Dom Sibley (Warwickshire), Jamie Smith (Surrey), Rob Yates (Warwickshire).

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The England Lions squad which will tour Australia and provide cover for the main squad has been announced:

Tom Abell (Somerset), Josh Bohannon (Lancashire), James Bracey (Gloucestershire), Brydon Carse (Durham), Mason Crane (Hampshire), Matthew Fisher (Yorkshire), Ben Foakes (Surrey), Alex Lees (Durham), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Liam Norwell (Warwickshire), Matt Parkinson (Lancashire), Dom Sibley (Warwickshire), Jamie Smith (Surrey), Rob Yates (Warwickshire).

Sir Alastair Cook kick-started his international career following an injury related call up to an England tour to India.

Without wishing ill on any members of the England squad, wouldn't it be wonderful if Tom Abell was introduced to The Ashes this winter. 

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yates, Foakes and Mahmood would’ve made my squad. Foakes is the best keeper/batsman in the country by a mile. How he gets overlooked for Bairstow is beyond me.