IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

horrid luck

As for his replacement they have to be like for like, Parkinson you'd think surely, Ali hasn't been playing for Worcestershire, is he even back? Rashid would be a maybe but as previously said no red ball contract for Yorkshire, not sure how that would be looked at for McCullum, so I'd imagine its the emergency call of how quickly can Parkinson get down to London? Its not like you can just say you'll use Root as spinner for this test and bring someone else in unless they just go with 10 batters and a sub fielder for the rest.

It is Parkinson, like for like in bowling but weakens us a bit in the batting department, although the way this game is going that may not be vital.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Their main bowlers are top quality, not sure why you think this any more embarrassing than the way NZ went about their innings.

Trying to remember the other dismissals but Lees and Bairstow dismissals aren't embarrassing for test batsman? Alex 'I can't be out LBW if I do this' Lees and what the **** was Bairstow doing playing at a ball that wide when we've been losing wickets? 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Their main bowlers are top quality, not sure why you think this any more embarrassing than the way NZ went about their innings.

Because it happens time after time. And if you don’t think losing 5 wickets for 8 runs in a test match is Embarrassing, pathetic, abysmal. Then we obviously have very different opinions 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe. Though NZ are very short of match practice. Has it been brilliant bowling from them today? I'm listening, and it doesn't sound like it. 

Once again the mental fortitude of England is non-existent. Got themselves into a good position and then another calamitous collapse. 

Getting pretty boring. Just when you think England hit a new low, there's another one around the corner. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Trying to remember the other dismissals but Lees and Bairstow dismissals aren't embarrassing for test batsman? Alex 'I can't be out LBW if I do this' Lees and what the **** was Bairstow doing playing at a ball that wide when we've been losing wickets? 

In Bairstow’s defence he is in the side after playing IPL. Incredible difficult to make the switch in his brain when having 0.5 seconds to play a shot 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

In Bairstow’s defence he is in the side after playing IPL. Incredible difficult to make the switch in his brain when having 0.5 seconds to play a shot 

Comes back to the selection for him, its the whole lot who are culpable, you can't say oh well he's been playing IPL as a reason for his underperformance when you picked someone to be in the squad and left them out whose been scoring runs in red ball cricket for fun. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Comes back to the selection for him, its the whole lot who are culpable, you can't say oh well he's been playing IPL as a reason for his underperformance when you picked someone to be in the squad and left them out whose been scoring runs in red ball cricket for fun. 

Not his fault he was picked and he took 3 catches so overall he’s had a good day. You asked what he was doing playing at a wide one and I merely answered the question 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not his fault he was picked and he took 3 catches so overall he’s had a good day. You asked what he was doing playing at a wide one and I merely answered the question 

I meant it wasn't really a question directed at you, one for the selection staff about the point of everyone being culpable, why have they picked a player who was in the IPL so recently with no red ball cricket played with Brook so readily available. He's probably only had a few nets to get himself out of T20 mode. Pundits guessing McCullum probably hasn't had that much input into the selection for this game and gone with others who have a better idea for now.

Separate note something on commentary worried me a little, when talking opening batsman they said something like 'Key doesn't want two blockers, he wants someone who will go out and impose themselves' or words to that effect. Now the part that worries me, shouldn't it be up to the coach/selector to pick the players not Rob Key? you'd imagine he's probably had discussions with McCullum about how he wants to go about playing but I can't see them having seen eye to eye on everything, so whose going to have the say on how England play when it comes down to it? If Key and McCullum disagree is McCullum going to coach the style of play he wants us to play?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OutstandingMixer said:

Still not convinced about Ollie Pope. Does anyone really think he is good enough to bat at number 3 for England at Test match level?

Not sure about 3 but I think he will come good at test level

58 minutes ago, OutstandingMixer said:

Still not convinced about Ollie Pope. Does anyone really think he is good enough to bat at number 3 for England at Test match level?

Why on earth are they playing him at 3? Would genuinely love to know the rationale for that decision. 

Agree though, he always looks wobbly when he comes in. 

• Like 1