IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Anyone else think Morgan will call it a day soon? Been a fantastic captain  for England and revolutionised limited overs cricket in this country but his batting had been going downhill for quite a while now and we have literally dozens of batsmen that can step into the ODI top 6

I would think so, and needs to happen soon so the new captain has a year under his belt before the next WC. As you say, there are plenty of people who replace him in the side as a batsman. Big shoes to fill mind as a captain.

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I would think so, and needs to happen soon so the new captain has a year under his belt before the next WC. As you say, there are plenty of people who replace him in the side as a batsman. Big shoes to fill mind as a captain.

It'll be Buttler, think thats already been decided upon within the ECB, it should be a fairly seamless transition given how he plays the game personally as well as how long he's already been in the ODI setup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Seems a bit stupid to me to have England playing the Netherlands for 3 matches. NL clearly going to get battered every game.

Taking the side we have perhaps, although you'd argue that its a big draw for the Dutch off minimal effort for England, but they were saying the Dutch weren't at full strength as some players (presumably like VdM are playing county cricket instead)

Really would it have been better to send a team like (and I know I'll miss a few obvious candidates) a few experienced heads and a squad of players looking to step up

1. Phil Salt
  2. Tom Banton (wk)
  3. Dawid Malan
  4. Sam Hain
  5. Liam Livingstone
  6. Jordan Cox
  7. Moeen Ali
  8. Sam Curran
  9. David Willey
  10. Pat Brown 
  11. Matt Parkinson (Wasn't in test contention when ODI squad announced)

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Just when you thought the Hundred was the worst thing in cricket 

20220622_202822.jpg

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Just when you thought the Hundred was the worst thing in cricket 

20220622_202822.jpg

I don’t know whether they still do , but 6 a side cricket (5 overs) was a very competitive Annual Evening Competition involving some decent local clubs , Keynsham etc

But professionally , I totally agree with you