IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

15 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

What a cracking test series. Barley a dull sesssion.

And to all those who want to rip apart the county championship because our test team is rubbish - **** right off

Think after the shambles we've seen for the last year or two the general consensus was that the fault was deep rooted at the bottom of the game however this series suggests it was at the top all along.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think after the shambles we've seen for the last year or two the general consensus was that the fault was deep rooted at the bottom of the game however this series suggests it was at the top all along.

I wouldn’t come to any conclusions after 3 tests.  England will go through a phase of being skittled for not many and people will say it’s headless cricket again.  A lot of problems in the county game still in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I wouldn’t come to any conclusions after 3 tests.  England will go through a phase of being skittled for not many and people will say it’s headless cricket again.  A lot of problems in the county game still in my opinion. 

Of course we’re not going to win every game and we’ll look seriously exposed at times but when you can serve up a series like that who cares? 

Yes there are still improvements needed to the county game, more weekend cricket, more mid summer cricket. Less early April and late September.

But not reducing counties or franchising red ball cricket thank you.

43 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Of course we’re not going to win every game and we’ll look seriously exposed at times but when you can serve up a series like that who cares? 

Yes there are still improvements needed to the county game, more weekend cricket, more mid summer cricket. Less early April and late September.

But not reducing counties or franchising red ball cricket thank you.

Absolutely agreed on not reducing counties and no franchise. I guess we will see what happens as to who cares. If we lose many more exciting games than we win then people will care.

The standard of the county game needs to improve and be completely rethought.  One big improvement that is needed is the opportunities in the youth game. If you are privately educated and/or come from a wealthy family then you still have a much bigger chance of becoming a professional.  The best way for kids to improve is one to one coaching which is expensive unless your child goes to private school and then it’s free and weekly. 

The more kids with access to good coaching, the better the standard of the county game eventfully 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Absolutely agreed on not reducing counties and no franchise. I guess we will see what happens as to who cares. If we lose many more exciting games than we win then people will care.

The standard of the county game needs to improve and be completely rethought.  One big improvement that is needed is the opportunities in the youth game. If you are privately educated and/or come from a wealthy family then you still have a much bigger chance of becoming a professional.  The best way for kids to improve is one to one coaching which is expensive unless your child goes to private school and then it’s free and weekly. 

The more kids with access to good coaching, the better the standard of the county game eventfully 

Agree, it’s shocking how few kids get the chance to be coached well in cricket. Another thing this new look England team will do is get kids wanting to play cricket.

It’s hugely exciting stuff so far against one of the best test teams in the world. It may be different away from England of course.

if I was a kid watching Bairstow this summer I’d be demanding to play cricket…………..just hope there’s somewhere for them to go. 

26 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Agree, it’s shocking how few kids get the chance to be coached well in cricket. Another thing this new look England team will do is get kids wanting to play cricket.

It’s hugely exciting stuff so far against one of the best test teams in the world. It may be different away from England of course.

if I was a kid watching Bairstow this summer I’d be demanding to play cricket…………..just hope there’s somewhere for them to go. 

Such a shame it’s on sky as again it is the people who can’t afford sky that can’t watch it. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Such a shame it’s on sky as again it is the people who can’t afford sky that can’t watch it. 

Watching England against the West Indies and Australia on the BBC when I was a kid definitely gave me my lifelong love for cricket. It’s not rocket science.

They’ve got to at least show and promote the highlights at a decent time and to be fair even though I’ve got Sky I did tune into highlights a couple of times last week and really enjoyed them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Watching England against the West Indies and Australia on the BBC when I was a kid definitely gave me my lifelong love for cricket. It’s not rocket science.

They’ve got to at least show and promote the highlights at a decent time and to be fair even though I’ve got Sky I did tune into highlights a couple of times last week and really enjoyed them. 

Was 14 watching the ashes on channel 4 at lunch times at school, I was already playing cricket but still

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Remember the old Benson and Hedges games on BBC back in the day, You had no idea what game was being shown live just had to try and recognise the ground and hoped the covers weren't on! Kinda miss those days.

• Like 2

Absolutely not surprised at that team. Only question mark in my mind was fitness of Broad and Anderson.  Crawley being back in selection and vocally by Stokes. Even if he fails again he will be opening against SA too.  Easier for him to find his feet if we are winning I suppose and a lot of people rate Crawley very highly.  Guess it’s worth remembering that not many outside the game backed Bairstow selection or Pope at 3.