IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 minute ago, Globe Trotter said:

Warner will be over the moon.

Robinson is inexperienced, Wood is prone to injuries. This could backfire spectacularly 

Yeah, I’m surprised by the Broad call. It’s the first Ashes test, Warner will be itching a bit of having to face Broad.

Big call to go with a bowling attack who have never bowled together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

I’d have left Leach out - weather is dodgy, pitch green, perfect for an all seam attack with Root to fill a few overs and I think we need Wood’s pace. A real shame Jofra is injured too

For me you need a spinner Incase you ever need to try and mix it up/tie down an end. I think we’ll see root bowl less even if he was only spinner as England will want to do everything they can ensure his back doesn’t get bad if he’s batting a long time 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

England living down to their reputation

Why would you choose to bat first in these conditions?

I don't think it was the worst call tbh. Give credit to Aussies they have 3 world class quicks who are too good for this weak batting line up.

I feel stupid, after listening to the pre series podcasts/ interviews I’d given myself a lot of false hope - the balls going to be better, the players are ready, all their families have been with them, Australia haven’t played for a year, the wickets like England, Starcs shit and shouldn’t be playing, 6 left handlers so broad will roll them over in no time, Cummins will struggling juggling captaincy and bowling etc etc

In reality, it’s going to be an easy 4/5-0 win for the Aussies (weather dependant)

Such a poor opening pair, dull, salty Seam attack and let’s be fair a pretty shit spinner, albeit one that’s never really given a chance! 

The big 4 from Australia will have a field day, I can even see Warner hitting runs.

Edited by super slick