IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

Tom Harrison talking calmly with a lot of sense

Tom Harrison, boss of the ECB, is being interviewed on Sky. “It wasn’t an outbreak of Covid,” he says, contradicting the BCCI statement. “It was the perception of what might happen post the [Indian] physio testing positive.”

But he is not unsympathetic, and he sees this as part of the broader picture of needing to look after the players’ mental health.

“Once you’ve got that sense of concern and anxiety in a dressing room, and we’ve been in this place before ourselves [in South Africa], it can be very difficult to reverse that. And I think fans do understand this now because we’ve been talking about it for a while. The physical and mental health of players, they’re as important as each other.”

I dont think the mass scepticism we have seen this morning is very helpful really.  These players have their families with them as well as far as I understand.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Tom Harrison, boss of the ECB, is being interviewed on Sky. “It wasn’t an outbreak of Covid,” he says, contradicting the BCCI statement. “It was the perception of what might happen post the [Indian] physio testing positive.”

But he is not unsympathetic, and he sees this as part of the broader picture of needing to look after the players’ mental health.

“Once you’ve got that sense of concern and anxiety in a dressing room, and we’ve been in this place before ourselves [in South Africa], it can be very difficult to reverse that. And I think fans do understand this now because we’ve been talking about it for a while. The physical and mental health of players, they’re as important as each other.”

I dont think the mass scepticism we have seen this morning is very helpful really.  These players have their families with them as well as far as I understand.  

What absolute bollox

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Sorry, but given that they were trying back in May to get it moved or cancelled, the scepticism is perfectly understandable.

Harrison is undoubtedly trying to maintain good relations with the BCCI, but he must surely appreciate why people are cynical.

Edited by Northern Red

4 hours ago, Super said:

Kevin Pietersen

@KP24

England left the tour of SA for Covid scares & cost CSA plenty, so don’t go pointing fingers!

India travelling with a larger than normal squad so one or two scares wouldn’t be an issue 

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Indian players all flying out on chartered planes, quarantine in UAE is 6 days and IPL starts in 7 😂

Imagine my shock.  The Indian fans on social media attacking English press and making dupe accounts calling people like Lizzy Ammon a slag etc just about sums them up. Worse than the gas 

Just now, TomF said:

Imagine my shock.  The Indian fans on social media attacking English press and making dupe accounts calling people like Lizzy Ammon a slag etc just about sums them up. Worse than the gas 

It’s just so bloody obvious, I mean no Covid case I expect India would have been committed to the test but it’s a great excuse to take advantage of 

Sky Sports' Director of Cricket Bryan Henderson has denied reports that West Indies legend Michael Holding has retired from commentary.

Reports surfaced on Wednesday claiming that Holding had decided to retire from broadcasting after spending more than 20 years as part of Sky's acclaimed cricket coverage.

However, Henderson was quick to refute these claims, responding to a tweet about Holding's retirement and writing: "It's not true"

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Sky Sports' Director of Cricket Bryan Henderson has denied reports that West Indies legend Michael Holding has retired from commentary.

Reports surfaced on Wednesday claiming that Holding had decided to retire from broadcasting after spending more than 20 years as part of Sky's acclaimed cricket coverage.

However, Henderson was quick to refute these claims, responding to a tweet about Holding's retirement and writing: "It's not true"

I hope that is correct.

Michael Holding is an excellent commentator and very insightful.

• Admin
2 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

England's tour of Pakistan has been called off, mental health of the players the main reason. No mention of the security threat.

Wonder if this a way to coax the players to go to the ashes. If there is no tours beforehand they at least won’t be isolated for as long