IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

I'd have put us back in but I can see the logic in not doing so. Our bowlers were toiling for the best part of 2 days and they're now back out there a day later with the match virtually gone. That must be physically and mentally draining.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jimmy packed it in after this series. Not getting any younger and constantly having to be out there bowling with no rest because the batsmen can't do their jobs properly.

For all the complaints about the sameness of our attack, it's an absolutely pointless discussion when the batsmen can't put a competitive score on the board. No visiting team is winning in Australia without that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Globe Trotter said:

Like the look of that, I would replace Woakes with Mahmood as would like to see more of him 

I’d like to see more of Mahmood, and Parkinson, but not at the expense of Woakes. We need his batting.

Back to this Test and if Starc and Lyon were to be taken out, this is a second-string convicts’ attack. The bowling figures back that up.

Edited by tin

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Yep the one we rested Jimmy for that was green and overcast because he was going to swing it all over on a pitch that actually looks good for a spinner.  Good job we picked Jack for this one and Jimmy for the last. Oh.. 

Get your money on 5-0.

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

Now i don’t think he’s a good captain but who the hell do you replace him with? 

Yep, and this ties in with my point above. Anybody other than him or Stokes (who I wouldn't burden with the job) isn't secure in their place in the side. The likes of Burns and Buttler have been talked about as potential leaders in the past but you wouldn't bank on either being in the team within a few months.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, and this ties in with my point above. Anybody other than him or Stokes (who I wouldn't burden with the job) isn't secure in their place in the side. The likes of Burns and Buttler have been talked about as potential leaders in the past but you wouldn't bank on either being in the team within a few months.

Buttler’s got a good cricket brain and would make a better captain than Root IMO, but he shouldn’t be in the Test XI IMO either. 

• Like 1