IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

9 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

That’s a mistake in my mind but guess we will see.  Foakes a better keeper than Bairstow and a better batsman than Crawley.  Bairstow or Brook could open. 

Hmm tricky isn’t it. Both Bairstow and Brook have to play given their recent Test form, but Foakes as you say the better keeper and glues the lower middle order. 

I’d have Bairstow open and instruct him to play his natural game - could create havoc with the field up, new ball. Could treat it like opening in an ODI - aggressive running, punish the bad ball.

His weakness between bat and pad and being bowled through the gate would be exposed at times but I’d fancy over a 5 test series against Aus he’ll do better than Crawley. 

51 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

So Crawley with 350 runs (170 of which in one innings) in 9 innings has done enough to keep his spot.... he's averaging 22.5 without that ton knock. If Crawley opens in the ashes he'll be a walking wicket.

Mental how many chances he's had. I'd rather see any of the batters named in the rest of that 15 open than him. I hope he does shut up the doubters like myself but I just cant see it.

If I'm Foakes and that first test or two goes tits up, I'd be like thanks but no thanks, I'll enjoy my summer now. 

32 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Aussies will be targeting Crawley big time. I agree with @And Its Smith - Foakes is a better batsman than Crawley. Bairstow should open with Duckett, with Foakes in at 7. Not good for JA - got to worry for his career now

They won't waste any time on Crawley Just need to run up and bowl at him Will get himself out

Only batsman they need to target is Root 

23 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Anyone on here going to any of the days of the first test? Managed to get 4 tickets for day 3 yesterday. 

I’m going to the final test at the Oval. For as long as I can remember the Oval has hosted the final showdown of test cricket at the backend of summer, it’s just one of those traditional blue ribbon British sporting events…..

Except this year it’s in July because of the hundred.

Anyway, despite that it’s a ground I’ve not visited since I saw Somerset play a John Player league game against Surrey in 1981. So looking forward to it. 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

England Team v Ireland: Ben Duckett, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Matthew Potts, Josh Tongue (Debut), Jack Leach.

I wonder if another poor showing from Crawley changes the top 7? Seems pretty baked in now.