Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Monkeh

International Cricket

Stokes and Pope have put on 148 and frustrating SA - great to see! 

Just now, Super said:

This is why I didn't get people moaning about slow scoring yesterday. 

Think it was more root coming in and then smashing a SR of 60ish when it wasn't the time for it.  Make no mistake the top 3 set this up with great composure.  

• Like 1

Well done Stokes! 
His 9th test hundred.

He’s some cricketer is Ben Stokes.

2 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Love watching Stokes play. Makes it look ridiculously easy. 

Come on Pope get your ton 

Had a let off then!

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Superb start today by these two. Loved Pope when he made his debut so really hope he can go on and get a ton.  Cricket doesn’t help itself banning Rabada though.  I want to see needle and celebrations like that.  I’d go just as crazy playing for Bitton CC back in the day! 

Especially when you consider that two of his demerit points came from celebrating the wickets of Warner and Smith in that Test match. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Especially when you consider that two of his demerit points came from celebrating the wickets of Warner and Smith in that Test match. 

The sandpaper test...........:disapointed2se:

I don't think I have ever seen a declaration rescinded before? Rabada no ball, he looks suitably pissed.

51 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think I have ever seen a declaration rescinded before? Rabada no ball, he looks suitably pissed.

What happened?

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

What happened?

Wood was caught, Root declared and they were coming off the pitch and it was a no ball. So Root rescinded his declaration and then Wood carried on smashing it out of the park! When he was finally caught again, Root declared. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

What happened?

Rabada got Mark Wood out caught, and Joe Root called them in from the balcony. As they were walking in the replay showed it was a no ball, so Root told them to stay out there. The rules do say you shouldn't be able to do that, but I guess that was written before the replays were in place. England added another 31 runs :) 

So the 2 spinners performing for England lately are 2 who get to play their County cricket on a wicket that offers turn.... I'm shocked! 

19 minutes ago, Super said:

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Stick em back in!

They have..........

An impressive collapse from SA........and great line and length from Broad.

It only like a few weeks ago that England were seen as a failed team unable to play anything but the short form of the game. Oh wait, it was....

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It only like a few weeks ago that England were seen as a failed team unable to play anything but the short form of the game. Oh wait, it was....

Fair to say SA aren’t very good, I think we may have hit rock bottom in that first test and finally the penny dropped 

18 minutes ago, TomF said:

Fair to say SA aren’t very good, I think we may have hit rock bottom in that first test and finally the penny dropped 

I don't think you can underestimate the amount of sickness in the camp and Stokes' dads illness and the effect that had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think you can underestimate the amount of sickness in the camp and Stokes' dads illness and the effect that had.

Maybe so, but the performance was reminiscent of so many that we'd seen in recent years, especially away from home, so it felt like nothing had changed.

The turnaround since has been quite something.

Are we witnessing the end of the old guard and seeing the future for England cricket?

Build the side around Ben Stokes with the likes of Ollie Pope, Sam Curran and Dom Bess coming through and showing they are up to the job - just need a few more good young `uns now.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge

I think I'd have gone ballsy and dropped Denly and put Bess/Woakes in to bat at 3 just not to mess the order around and you keep your front line spinner

20 minutes ago, Super said:

Be interesting to see what England do when Burns is fit. 

Butler could be the one under threat.  Great we've got options at last. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Bess apparently dropped for Woakes because of all the reasons.

Because it’s a seamers wicket although you wouldn’t know that with the power puff buffet bowling SA are serving up.

Edited by Robbored

Middle order doing good work throwing away Crawley & Sibley's good work

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Because it’s a seamers wicket although you wouldn’t know that with the power puff buffet bowling SA are serving up.

The size of the cracks that formed in the practice strip you'd have thought they'd have wanted a front line spinner when you already have 4 seamers