IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

I assume this is because:

Anderson was not on official ODI duty, but was in Bristol as an expert summariser/pundit.

Hales was not part of the Ashes squad. 

Re. comparing Warner and Stokes, as I recall, the Warner incident involved a single punch as Root was wearing a wig and, supposedly, taking the mickey out of Warner and/or Australia, whereas, based on the video evidence and notwithstanding provocation/homophobic comments, Stokes got himself involved in quite a serious assault (allegedly etc.).

46 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I assume this is because:

Anderson was not on official ODI duty, but was in Bristol as an expert summariser/pundit.

Hales was not part of the Ashes squad. 

Re. comparing Warner and Stokes, as I recall, the Warner incident involved a single punch as Root was wearing a wig and, supposedly, taking the mickey out of Warner and/or Australia, whereas, based on the video evidence and notwithstanding provocation/homophobic comments, Stokes got himself involved in quite a serious assault (allegedly etc.).

Warner claimed Root was making fun of Amla so interjected himself into the situation that wasn't about himself or teammates. 

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Interesting Hales has not been find as of yet, that would suggest to me that he isn't just helping with the investigation, but in fact part of it

You'd expect given the footage of him kicking a guy on the floor. 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2017 at 12:31, phantom said:

Was talking with someone yesterday who is a doorman in the area, he said that 4 lads started on the cricket lads a bit down the road, he is surprised footage of that hasn't come to light yet

Because that doesn't help the media with news stories. Can tell by the fact of how the footage was cut first time round. 

23 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Stokes pictured smoking over the weekend...More for the media to latch on to.

If in trouble anyway, in for a penny, in for a pound. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Super said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41605940

I quite like the idea of a test championship if it can work. Not sure about the 4 day tests though.

Makes thing a little more interesting, apart from the Ashes there isn't really a series to get too excited about. At least this may add an additional edge now?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Vaughan put something on twitter that apparently the average test lasts 336 overs, just under 4 days of full play. Could mean more interesting declarations potentially. 

You don't want too many games being lost by dominant teams that are forced to declare to try and win. It'll also increase the likelihood of a team trying to bat out a day, rather than play to score. 

Also if the average is just under 4 then perhaps 33% of games need the 5th day. That is a lot of draws. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

You don't want too many games being lost by dominant teams that are forced to declare to try and win. It'll also increase the likelihood of a team trying to bat out a day, rather than play to score. 

Also if the average is just under 4 then perhaps 33% of games need the 5th day. That is a lot of draws. 

I'd be interested in a rule where if a game is disrupted by weather (going by Vaughan's statistic any game losing 24 overs will likely be a draw) then those overs must be made up on a 5th day. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd be interested in a rule where if a game is disrupted by weather (going by Vaughan's statistic any game losing 24 overs will likely be a draw) then those overs must be made up on a 5th day. 

Think especially in this country the weather would be the main problem but making overs up on a 5th day is a good idea.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Then you screw over fans. I know with test cricket you are never guaranteed the length of the game but if I booked 4 days off work to watch the entire game, and missed the 5th day because it rained at some point I'd be fuming. At least the other way round where I may book off 5 days and the game lasts just 3, I've seen the whole game.

This is particularly important for us Bristol folk as we have to travel to tests and may have booked hotels and transport that may not allow us to stay the extra day. 

• Like 1

Afghanistan win their 2nd Test overall and their 1st vs a longer Test playing nation,.

In Chittagong, v Bangladesh- quite heavy rain delays but they got over the line. Actually Bangladesh's home record in recent times has been alright, so that result is fairly notable, one off Test. Rashid Khan took 6 in the 4th Innings I believe.

I maintain, in subcontinental conditions vs most sides they should be a handful!

They play West Indies in India late November- that is a bit of a step up but should be interesting.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 13:21, phantom said:

Long day in the field for South Africa

image.png

Demolition in the series for them it's looking like!

Currently Tea on Day 3, 26/4 in their 2nd Innings- needing 309 to make India bat again!

What is also interesting is that though India generally thought of as a trial by spin, nearly as many wickets have fallen to pace than spin- especially SA's. Possibly more in fact, certainly in this 3rd and final Test.

Winning the toss each time and racking up a major 1st Innings in each Test seems to have been a major boost of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous