Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

International Cricket


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Surely we need to throw the bat a bit now given tomorrow`s weather forecast. Get a 300-320 lead and four sessions to get them out (assuming no play on Monday). The trouble is though, good as Sibley is, he can`t score quickly.

He can if he wants to its just not his natural game

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lrrr said:

He can if he wants to its just not his natural game

He did just try to hit out but didn`t quite connect but he needs to do it more often in these circumstances - wickets are meaningless ATM. It`s like one of those T20 games where a batsman`s bogged down and is better off getting out for the good of the team. Sibley is a damn good player and a quality opener but just not what we need out there right now.

Personally I think we`re thinking about what happened the other day when Jos opened and was out first(?) ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He did just try to hit out but didn`t quite connect but he needs to do it more often in these circumstances - wickets are meaningless ATM. It`s like one of those T20 games where a batsman`s bogged down and is better off getting out for the good of the team. Sibley is a damn good player and a quality opener but just not what we need out there right now.

Personally I think we`re thinking about what happened the other day when Jos opened and was out first(?) ball.

I think Sibley opens in T20 and cricinfo has his strike rate in the 120's and list A SR in the 70's, yes its white ball vs the red ball but he should be able to go at 3/4 an over SR at least

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why we’re not pushing on here. There’s going to be no play tomorrow due to heavy rain, so why not accelerate to give yourself the best chance of winning?...

Surely you’d would want to put West Indies in for an hour tonight?

Edited by Lew-T
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’ll never have it as good as Broad and Jimmy for opening bowlers. When they’re on it they’re simply world class 

They’ve been world class for several tears Tom. Anderson whacking it down at 85mph at aged 37 is truly remarkable and Broad since he upped his length has just got better and better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TomF said:

We’ll never have it as good as Broad and Jimmy for opening bowlers. When they’re on it they’re simply world class 

Pretty much given I expect Broad to keep playing till he passes McGrath and they'll have been the two highest wicket takers seamers in test history

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Broad still has a lot to prove for me outside of England. Both amazing in England, but abroad, only Jimmy has really done well.

Anderson’s record abroad is nowhere near as impressive as it is in England - something Sky Sport cricket have referred to when looking  at the next Ashes in Oz. Broads record isn’t that good overseas either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Anderson’s record abroad is nowhere near as impressive as it is in England - something Sky Sport cricket have referred to when looking  at the next Ashes in Oz. Broads record isn’t that good overseas either.

It's not as good as at home, but it's not exactly shabby...

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Anderson’s record abroad is nowhere near as impressive as it is in England - something Sky Sport cricket have referred to when looking  at the next Ashes in Oz. Broads record isn’t that good overseas either.

Last Ashes in Oz only Jimmy came close to matching the Aussie bowlers. The rest were all awful

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...