IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

400 in front and we’re still gifting them 5 an over. This is where Root infuriates me.  Bring on Stokes, try a bowl yourself. 

Do something 

Yeah, not sure why Stokes isn’t bowling. That said it’s still a dead wicket. He could bowl himself as you say.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Talented family. His sister is the historian Bethany Hughes.

I have his book ‘ A lot of hard yakka’ All about life as a county cricketer and seemingly constant traveling around the country. Goes into his problems with bowling no-balls..........It’s a good read.

Got a bit of a secret crush on Bethany Hughes...

• Haha 1

On 06/02/2021 at 12:05, Maesknoll Red said:

Enjoyable mornings viewing apart from one thing, not sure if they’ve turned up the stump mics in Sri Lanka and now Chennai, when the batsman scrapes his bat on his mark, it sounds like someone eating crisps, setting off my misophonia.

I hear the same sound as you (eating crisps) when the batsmen scrape their crease, although I don't suffer from your disorder (misophonia) - I sort of guessed what it meant, but had to look it up, so Thanks for teaching me a new word.

Incidentally, I was interested to read that you took cooking lessons when in India. I spent a few weeks in Sri Lanka back in the early 1980s; loved the food but never thought to learn how to actually cook it.  

And, in answer to @Alex_BCFC, I have no interest whatsoever in Superbowl, but set my alarm for 04H30.

Just reading a quite interesting piece from George Dobell 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/india-vs-england-1st-test-chennai-3rd-day-dom-bess-and-jack-leach-a-tale-of-two-spinners-1250692

On 06/02/2021 at 12:05, Maesknoll Red said:

Enjoyable mornings viewing apart from one thing, not sure if they’ve turned up the stump mics in Sri Lanka and now Chennai, when the batsman scrapes his bat on his mark, it sounds like someone eating crisps, setting off my misophonia.

I am not really sure why I have repeated MR's earlier post - probably due to the early hour.

As I watch (and type) Dom Bess is, frankly, bowling quite poorly - he has already conceded a six.

What is the betting that he will now pick up a wicket (or, hopefully, two) from a rank poor ball, as his has been his wont since Sri Lanka.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

57 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nick knight awful commentator 

Kohli just took a DRS review at the last second as the time ticked from 15 seconds all the way down to 1 second. 

Nick Knight - ‘and he’s gone (for it)...last hour, last minute!’ If only there was a suitable unit of time that existed to describe this more accurately! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

How does everyone keep up to date through the night on this - I tend to stick radio on at 4am and drift in and out of sleep until I wake up and obviously put it on telebox. I expect some people will stay up the super bowl and then this...

I use the 4+1 option to wake that little later then switch to live at lunch, I miss about 20 minutes after lunch, but it works for me.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Root will be happy to be out like that in a way. The pitch is a nightmare and will be even worse tomorrow.

England can’t lose from here. 

Maybe so but ideally we’d want another 80-100 runs. Anything under 400 and India will back themselves...

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Get a lead of 450 and they definitely won’t!

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Maybe so but ideally we’d want another 80-100 runs. Anything under 400 and India will back themselves...

On this pitch, to get 400 runs in one day would probably be the greatest batting performance of all time.  India are 12/1 to win this game 

Just now, Robbored said:

Up to the umpires I guess. It’s an instinctive act tho, part of his delivery preparation 

Doesn't matter, a couple of players did it without thinking in England during the summer held their hands up and told the umpires so the ball could be cleaned. He's doing it every ball he bowls you can't say he hasn't realised by now.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not sure what we're doing here? 

Get another quick 20-30 runs, declare and put them in ffs. Root can be sooo conservative. 

My guess would be England think they can bowl India out in 110 overs and don't want to give India more time to chase the total

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not sure what we're doing here? 

Get another quick 20-30 runs, declare and put them in ffs. Root can be sooo conservative. 

Would this be down to Root or Silverwood? I'm guessing they are worried about Pant.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Possibly because he’s in a covid bubble and everyone has produced a number of negative tests. Maybe if it is considered 100% covid secure they don’t mind it 

Haven't heard of any rule change and its different to every other bubble England have been in, remember the fuss made of it in England's summer tests despite covid bubble.