IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

59 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Decent delivery that for a ‘village spinner’.

Got plenty of tap first innings but I didn’t come on here and gloat... wasn’t great until that one ball that got the wicket this innings...

Let’s see if he can win us the game tomorrow and not the odd ball he gets right...

Been impressed with Bess however.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Got plenty of tap first innings but I didn’t come on here and gloat... wasn’t great until that one ball that got the wicket this innings...

Let’s see if he can win us the game tomorrow and not the odd ball he gets right...

Yeah getting slapped about by Rishabh Pant proves that’s he’s village.

Good point.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Pant on that form would have smacked Shane Warne all over the park. Leach just happened to be victim of some top batting from a very classy batsman - could have happened to any spinner.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pant on that form would have smacked Shane Warne all over the park. Leach just happened to be victim of some top batting from a very classy batsman - could have happened to any spinner.

Pant and others were obviously targeting Leach. Pant was even giving Bess respect at the other end...

33 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah getting slapped about by Rishabh Pant proves that’s he’s village.

Good point.

Let’s see if he can win us the game seeing as it’s a minefield.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Pant and others were obviously targeting Leach. Pant was even giving Bess respect at the other end...

I can’t recall how many balls faced from Bess. It seemed like he was facing Leach for far more deliveries than Bess.

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It wasn’t ‘Pant and others’ was it, it was Pant. His economy was under two against every other batsman.

If he was targeting Leach (I’m not sure you’ve seen much of Pant if you think he targets specific bowlers), it’s because he spins it into him and Bess is the more dangerous bowler to left handers as he spins it away. Bearing in mind Pant’s dismissal, I’m not sure how much respect was being shown there, but there we go.

Yeah because if he doesn’t bowl out Gill, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant and Sundar in India that will definitively prove you right that he’s village..

A bloke with 44 wickets in 12 tests and over three hundred first class wickets at twenty six. Village. 

I’d hate to know how you describe the utter dross that bowled spin for England before Swann. If Leach is village I fear for the likes of Richard Dawson, Gareth Batty and Chris Schofield.

• Like 2

I don't particularly rate either Leech or Bess at Test level but hopefully they prove me wrong and do it consistently. There have been odd signs they can however I get the feeling it was just luck which won't last.

No idea what England were doing during that period Bess was batting. Anderson sitting there padded up etc. Archer trying to defend (the one time you want him to have a swipe too ffs). Very strange - hopefully it won't matter come mid-morning tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I don't particularly rate either Leech or Bess at Test level but hopefully they prove me wrong and do it consistently. There have been odd signs they can however I get the feeling it was just luck which won't last.

No idea what England were doing during that period Bess was batting. Anderson sitting there padded up etc. Archer trying to defend (the one time you want him to have a swipe too ffs). Very strange - hopefully it won't matter come mid-morning tomorrow.

Have to agree, they are good bowlers but not sure either will step up to the next level, Still think they want Moeen to find his form again and he will be first choice.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Have to agree, they are good bowlers but not sure either will step up to the next level, Still think they want Moeen to find his form again and he will be first choice.

I really hope not, Moeen hasn't performed with the bat at anything like a consistent level at international level for at least a few years and his bowling for me is perhaps only marginally better, he bowls too many full tosses to tie down an end as he will always help relieve the pressure they've built up. Turning 34 in June usually a player at that age would be starting to get phased out unless they're exceptional. Even Broad is taking rotation and missing games as someone whose got over 500 test wickets. I'd rather we spent the time focusing on making Leach/Bess even better and work with any other young spinner who emerges on the county circuit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I really hope not, Moeen hasn't performed with the bat at anything like a consistent level at international level for at least a few years and his bowling for me is perhaps only marginally better, he bowls too many full tosses to tie down an end as he will always help relieve the pressure they've built up. Turning 34 in June usually a player at that age would be starting to get phased out unless they're exceptional. Even Broad is taking rotation and missing games as someone whose got over 500 test wickets. I'd rather we spent the time focusing on making Leach/Bess even better and work with any other young spinner who emerges on the county circuit.

Have to agree, as much as I like MA as a one day all rounder, I remember Joe Root ignoring him on more than one occasion after he struggled to hold an end down... 

I am relieved that Jimmy A has got these two wickets.

Unfortunately, whilst Jack Leach is bowling particularly well, Dom Bess was quite loose and posing little threat and, with Gill looking well set and the huge talent that is Kohli batting alongside him, I feared that India were going to put on quite a stand.

One of these two together quickly with Pant and it might be over before lunch.

37 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Jimmy is breathing down the neck of Kumble for test wickets. Quite incredible! Home track bully they say...

Could have had another wicket too as the ball that was given not out was hitting middle Stump about 12” up 

Edited by Rob k