IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Was always going to be a straight choice between Robinson or Overton.

No spinner is quite the call, especially with the weather as it is.

Sure Overton will play next test, No real problem with that Robinson deserves a chance.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Sure Overton will play next test, No real problem with that Robinson deserves a chance.

They'll probably play Stone instead of Wood at Edgbaston and then want to give Robinson more than 1 test to show what he can do

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

They'll probably play Stone instead of Wood at Edgbaston and then want to give Robinson more than 1 test to show what he can do

I doubt Broad and Anderson will play both tests.

1 minute ago, Super said:

I doubt Broad and Anderson will play both tests.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they did

Start the conspiracy theories that Overton and Leach were only picked so they couldn't play for Somerset 

Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

• Hmmm 1

Here's the issue, Jimmy's reaction to Root saying he's coming back on, how many overs would a front line spinner have bowled today to tie NZ down rather than Root's 7? Keep seamers fresher with a spinner eating some overs with the old ball.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Here's the issue, Jimmy's reaction to Root saying he's coming back on, how many overs would a front line spinner have bowled today to tie NZ down rather than Root's 7? Keep seamers fresher with a spinner eating some overs with the old ball.

True, it's a bit grim when your bowlers don't want to bowl...

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

True, it's a bit grim when your bowlers don't want to bowl...

Think Jimmy's reluctance is partly that the new ball is 15 away so if he's bowling in an over or two he doesn't get the new ball.

1 minute ago, B1ackbird said:

It's just a bit too cosy for NZ ATM

So how do you get through 12 more overs without giving away too much? A few overs of Lawrence perhaps make the batters focus to not get out to a part timer?

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

So how do you get through 12 more overs without giving away too much? A few overs of Lawrence perhaps make the batters focus to not get out to a part timer?

It's hard mate, is the pitch too docile? Or is it just that we haven't bowled well enough?

48 minutes ago, TomF said:

Feels like we’re obsessed with focusing on the Ashes and bouncing out the Aussies than actually playing a team for the conditions right now.  

If we were then surely Craig makes the team, one of the highest release points in international cricket 

With Robinson, I think we just need to get on with it. A lot of people will have different views at 16-18 than they will at 24-26. He’s apologised and said he isn’t like that anymore. Kind of have to believe him without any evidence to the contrary.  This is hugely embarrassing for him and will affect what a lot of people think of him from now on. Maybe that’s punishment enough 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

With Robinson, I think we just need to get on with it. A lot of people will have different views at 16-18 than they will at 24-26. He’s apologised and said he isn’t like that anymore. Kind of have to believe him without any evidence to the contrary.  This is hugely embarrassing for him and will affect what a lot of people think of him from now on. Maybe that’s punishment enough 

Totally agree.

There was a BBC article on him earlier this week looking at his story so far, which explained how he'd been let go by Kent and then sacked by Yorkshire for poor discipline and attitude, and by his own admission he wasn't taking his cricket seriously enough. He's since turned his career around and forced his way into the England setup. The tweets in question would date back to those early days with Kent so you have to assume that he's grown up since then.

Still can't get my head around how people allow this stuff to still be visible though, nor how and why someone would have the inclination to trawl back that far looking for incriminating tweets.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Hugely embarrassing for England I'd say as well, surely you ask players you call up do you have any dodgy content on your social media history, they really should know or players representative go back through the history and delete content just to avoid situations like this.

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Hugely embarrassing for England I'd say as well, surely you ask players you call up do you have any dodgy content on your social media history, they really should know or players representative go back through the history and delete content just to avoid situations like this.

Someone has copied them used them now I suppose...

Interesting reading a comparison to Joe Clarke/Tom Kohler-Cadmore who were involved in the Alex Hepburn stuff but their extent being involved in WhatsApp group messages which is a private setting vs Robinson's use of Twitter. Clarke and Kohler-Cadmore were fined a small amount but also banned for 4 games (being dropped from the lions tour they were on) and it was deemed they got off likely. Wonder whether we'll see Robinson dropped for a few tests on the quiet making it look like rotation while Stone/Overton come in or Woakes etc for the India series.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, B1ackbird said:

True mate, letting the tail wag really annoys me, the Aussies especially seem to go through the tail like a hot knife through butter..

Been like it for years mate short pitch rubbish instead of aiming at the stumps. Starc just bowls full and straight and gets the job done.

• Like 1

Anyone hear the Simon Mann/Vaughan exchange?

Bracey had just taken his first test catch, which Mann praised him for - exchange went something like this:

MV: Unlike you to praise someone from that side of the city. For those that don’t know, James Bracey is a big Bristol Rovers fan. Allegedly, he’s a real anorak about lower league football

SM: Well he’d have to be supporting them

• Haha 5