Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

International Cricket

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

On the contrary, that was the point I was trying (unsuccessfully, it would seem) to make.

Jack Leach can hang around.

Hanging around is pretty pointless tho  - they’ll get you out anyway, May as well get as many runs as possible so play aggressively 

Oh well - that backfired! 

Edited by Robbored
Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

I thought I saw exactly the same thing - for me Joe Root was more out than Ben Foakes.

Like the clip the third umpire was shown at the very end was a smaller spike than before, like stopping it on a different frame

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Shit batting. I appreciate the pitch is a spinners delight but the batsmen need to take some responsibility. 

As epitomised by Bairstow's first ball.

I know he wasn't out, but even so: to play that shot, first ball, on the second day of a five day Test....

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Shit batting. I appreciate the pitch is a spinners delight but the batsmen need to take some responsibility. 

Both Cook and Strauss said the that wicket is ‘almost impossible’ to play on and that the batsman needs ‘lots of luck’ - you reckon it’s shit batting?..............:cool2:

Edited by Robbored
8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Some of them (Bairstow) do.

But if Joe Root is getting 5 wickets on the second morning of a Test, the pitch isn't good enough.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If India complete the chase inside the next ten overs, it’s the shortest test match since the Second World War. 

But nah the pitch is fine, if India had gone on to make 250-300 I think there could have been a point of it just being poor English batting/application but India being bowled out for 140 odd? 

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

But nah the pitch is fine, if India had gone on to make 250-300 I think there could have been a point of it just being poor English batting/application but India being bowled out for 140 odd? 

If we'd have opened the bowling with Root & Leach quite possible we'd have got them out for sub 100.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TomF said:

If we'd have opened the bowling with Root & Leach quite possible we'd have got them out for sub 100.  

Is the last test here? Call in some of the spinners on stand by and just play a 5 spinner attack, Bess, Leach, Root and pick 2 of  Virdi, Crane and Parkinson. Stokes can be the lone seamer.  

23 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Interesting point by Hughes about the difference between the red and pink ball 

I missed that - what is the difference?

I know there’s a difference between a Kookaburra and a Duke but surely  a cricket ball of the same makes is a cricket ball and colour irrelevant?