IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

Swann on Anderson:

I remember during one particular Ashes series he would refer to Mike Hussey as Dave, his brother.

When he saw him in the morning, it'd be: "Morning Dave." After a delivery: "Shot, Dave." Mid-innings: "Keep going, Dave."

Eventually, Hussey snapped and replied: "I'm not Dave. I'm Mike."

Anderson just smiled: "Sorry, Dave."

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 08:59, Tomarse said:

Vaughan is a pratt and also has vested interest in players signed up to his management company. He can't stay even remotely unbiased about certain players.

Shame after 2005 he easily became my favourite captain. Since he picked up the mic he's become my least liked 

Spot on.  He just sums up the phrase 'self serving'.

He's clearly got some vested interest in the new 20/20 debacle, going on about how great it is. 

32 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Spot on.  He just sums up the phrase 'self serving'.

He's clearly got some vested interest in the new 20/20 debacle, going on about how great it is. 

Also got taken apart by Fazeer when debating two divisions at test level.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Broad not playing any cricket until the ashes tour, strange why he can't feature for Notts just under the instruction to not bowl long spells, hopefully he won't be undercooked at the start of the tour. 

Because he has an ankle injury 

Anderson won't play for Lancs either and I doubt many of the Yorkshire boys will play at all

On 16/09/2017 at 20:31, hodge said:

Who thought a day night game, in September, in Durham would be a good idea?

That's just a t20 too. 100 overs of ODI cricket in Southampton on 29th September starting 12:30... what a joke. 

Ablut time someone in the media called out the ECB out for this shit. It's stupid. Finals day is 15th September next year. It won't finish until gone 10pm, it'll be 3/4 degrees?! Ridiculous 

4 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

That's just a t20 too. 100 overs of ODI cricket in Southampton on 29th September starting 12:30... what a joke. 

Ablut time someone in the media called out the ECB out for this shit. It's stupid. Finals day is 15th September next year. It won't finish until gone 10pm, it'll be 3/4 degrees?! Ridiculous 

Just had a look, it would seem it'll be about 7/8 degrees. Watching the finals of our summer t20 competition. 

Unsurprisingly, there are issues. Not rained all morning, but the outfield is wet due to lack of sun drying it. Media clocking on now, to be honest the best thing to happen for the general cricket fan is all 5 games to have problems, that way the ECB may wake up and smell the coffee. International cicket games mid-late September in this country is ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 20/09/2017 at 09:26, phantom said:

I hadn't realised Windies had to win 4 of the 5 ODI's to qualify for the next world cup, looks like a summer off for them !

They had to win to qualify automatically (it was them or Sri Lanka), whereas now they'll go into a tournament with Ireland, Afghanistan etc to try and get one of the remaining spots.

• Like 1

WI won the toss and put us in. They`ve just been showing some aerial shots of the surrounding area including the blot on the landscape down the road. Sir Ian said it`s where Bristol Rovers play but it used to be the rugby ground.

He then said that it was about to be rebuilt - I do wish he would do his research properly, it will be redeveloped when hell freezes over would have been the correct thing to say.